Extensive Test Results from Cleveland Heart Lab: Dec. 2016

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Extensive Test Results from Cleveland Heart Lab: Dec. 2016

Post by LG1 »

cdamaden wrote:LG1, Congrats on the heart scan results. What is your current strategy with regard to coconut oil?
Chris
Hi Chris. Right now I am staying away from it but that is due to my experiment. I will retest in a few months and then may try something new or stay the course...or, return to my previous eating pattern. Most (75-80%)fat coming from olive oil, nuts, avocado right now.
ε4/ε4
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Extensive Test Results from Cleveland Heart Lab: Dec. 2016

Post by LG1 »

Russ wrote:I had no trouble driving markers into normally ideal zones on a low fat diet. I unquestionably feel better on a high fat diet that includes high quality animal fats by intention along with copious amounts of vegetables. I may be killing myself, and happy to keep learning. For now, though, I worry a lot less and just eat real food.
Russ, I found a good article about the Hypo Absoprtion/Hyper Synthesis issue we discussed earlier in this thread. You may have already read his blog but just in case:

http://bjjcaveman.com/2015/07/27/diving ... dayspring/

Increased fat intake is often associated with decreased cholesterol absorption – likely due to fat-induced increased cholesterol synthesis suppressing cholesterol absorption.

Could be in part from our high fat intake... also, I haven't seen anyone chiming in on this topic (Cholesterol Absorption and Synthesis) so I am assuming few have had that specific test done, it isn't standard.

It could also simply, as you pointed out earlier, be our bodies' way of evening out the cholesterol is just upside down but that doesn't make it bad (might actually be good, who knows).

.... back to digging. Going to look at Dayspring's lectures.
ε4/ε4