New - what a great site!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New - what a great site!

Post by Stavia »

Hi Tom!! Welcome!!
Good thinking. If I may suggest, in your top 5, I would recommend exercise, sleep, stress, keep insulin resistance and inflammation low.
I would recommend not to worry about details like peanut butter yet but put your big brushstrokes down first, then plan accordingly against your chosen parameters. But you are a scienctist and I am sure are already doing this.
I look forward to more of your thoughts in future discussions.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New - what a great site!

Post by Fiver »

Hi Stavia. Those would be my basic top five for now. And I'll learn more as I go along. Right now I'm focusing on my mother - her doctor has come around to some of Dr. Bredesen's protocol but not all of it. She couldn't handle the Axona. And with her hip replacements and arthritis exercise is tough. She had the glucose utilization scan, which came back "normal"...so now she says she doesn't have AD becuase the brain scan said so. But I don't think it's that simple. The family has been through this three times before and we know it's *something*. I suppose it could be Lewey body dementia, but AD has been the diagnosis thus far. We are slowly changing her diet - way too many sugars and not alot of veggies. But I think to have a benefit at this point she'll need to do more. I follow the conversations about cholesterol and fat, because she has always had suprisingly high LDL and took medication for that - now I wonder if she "needs" the higher LDL. Well that's where we are now.