Vegan Newbie, Accidental 4/4 discovery, Terrified

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Jani
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vegan Newbie, Accidental 4/4 discovery, Terrified

Post by Jani »

Thank you so much for this information.
kulkarniravi
New User
New User

Post by kulkarniravi »

ZenGinner wrote: I have been very fortunate, and that my blood pressure is low normal, and my cardiac calcium score is zero. I have a mitral valve prolapse, and pre-ventricular contractions, with an irregular heart rhythm. So, I have prophylactically visited the cardiologist every 8 to 10 years, since I was a teenager. I would assume that my continued good health is due to my diet, and consistent moderate exercise.
Hello Zen,

This is my first post 8-) as I just registered. I am still learning about APOE4, I am 3/4 myself. Just wanted to tell you about my own experience with PVC (premature ventricular contractions): Around 15 years back I was diagnosed to have them. I consulted a cardiologist and he assured me they are benign. I am not the one to be persuaded easily, so did some googling (perhaps yahooing is more appropriate for that time). I came up with a support group on Yahoo Groups called PeopleWithPVCs. There I read that supplementing with CoQ10 helps. Lo and behold, when I took it, mine went down immediately. Just thought it might help you.

RK
RK
E3/E4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

kulkarniravi wrote: Hello Zen,
This is my first post 8-) as I just registered. I am still learning about APOE4, I am 3/4 myself. Just wanted to tell you about my own experience with PVC (premature ventricular contractions): Around 15 years back I was diagnosed to have them. I consulted a cardiologist and he assured me they are benign. I am not the one to be persuaded easily, so did some googling (perhaps yahooing is more appropriate for that time). I came up with a support group on Yahoo Groups called PeopleWithPVCs. There I read that supplementing with CoQ10 helps. Lo and behold, when I took it, mine went down immediately. Just thought it might help you.
RK
Hello, kulkarniravi, and welcome to the ApoE4.Info community. Thanks for registering and contributing. How great that you have jumped in and with your very first post you are already offering helpful information to another community member based your own experience with PVC! Since you know how to quote someone’s post in your reply, I’m guessing that even though you just registered today, you may be familiar with the site. In case you haven’t discovered it yet, as you are learning about ApoE4, the Primer is an excellent place to begin. It gives a good overview of ApoE4 and presents prioritized steps for minimizing the associated health risks.
Our how-to guide
gives helpful tips on getting the most out of the website by subscribing to threads, searching for previous posts on topics of interest, sending PM’s...and more!
If you feel like sharing more about yourself, the Our Stories section is a good place to introduce yourself.
Like you, I am a 3/4 and like you, I am still learning! That’s what we are all here for.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
nerdymel23
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nerdymel23 »

kulkarniravi wrote:
Hello Zen,

RK
Welcome kulkarniravi to the forum and thanks for making a contribution to the community. You have some great tools to get you started that floramaria provided. Let us know if you have any other questions about resources on ApoE4. Happy to help!

- Melissa
ApoE3/4
Board Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
Certified Wahls Protocol Health Coach
Certified ReCODE Health Coach