I'm lost...

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: I'm lost...

Post by Stavia »

Nancy wrote:Yes, perhaps. Stavia did rest for a long time before she began the exercising.
I should have started earlier.

When I finally did, I would drive 10 mins to the gym. Lie down for half an hour to recover. Walk on the treadmill holding on looking down at my feet. Lie down to recover. Drive home. Sleep for an hour.
Over months it got easier.

10 years later I can sustain a 100hr working week

Search for a thread called "e4 brains can recover"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Nancy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I'm lost...

Post by Nancy »

Thanks, Stavia. I remember you finally began to get better after beginning the exercise. Hard as it was to start. And I recall you kept getting better and better as you continued with it. Quite amazing.
WhatNext
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by WhatNext »

Stavia, your story is phenomenal and inspiring. It refutes what I've always heard: that all of the recovery from a brain injury takes place during the first year. Have you ever written a paper describing your experience? The world should know. How many neurologists have tried getting their patients on a treadmill? You should write a book.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: I'm lost...

Post by Stavia »

WhatNext wrote:Stavia, your story is phenomenal and inspiring. It refutes what I've always heard: that all of the recovery from a brain injury takes place during the first year. Have you ever written a paper describing your experience? The world should know. How many neurologists have tried getting their patients on a treadmill? You should write a book.
viewtopic.php?t=647

thank you but even if I wrote it, it wouldn't be believed as factual.

Mainstream medicine pays lip service to "lifestyle" but doesn't really believe it works as well as drugs.
Unfortunately this creates a population of patients who believe the power to be healthy depends on a drug or a supplement.

Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

back to you Lissa - Frank's advice is very sound. I back it 100%.