Since my last posting I have managed to STOP drinking diet coke. Yay! (This was tough, but I persevered. Still find I desire one. Crazy!)
I took some of the suggestions given on our site and have implemented the following:
- eating two meals a day -- little to no snacking
- fasting 13-14 hours after last meal
- eating very little grains or sprouted breads (less then 2 a week)
- eating small amounts of macadamia nuts and/or walnuts and pumpkin seeds on salads.
- all vegetables for lunch and small portions of fish or chicken and vegetables for dinner -- olive oil and vinegar for dressing
- reduced dairy greatly (having the occasional feta or parmesan on veggies)
- reduced sugar (having a dark chocolate square a couple times a week after dinner)
- taking 10mg melatonin, magnesium, rhodiola & Schisandra as a sleep cocktail (MUCH IMPROVED!)
- wearing the computer readers with amber tinted lenses to minimize Digital Eye Strain caused by harmful blue light emitted from digital screens
- sleeping an average of 7 hours a night now (YAY!!)
- placing one drop of frankincense essential oil (neat) on the back of my neck near the brain stem morning and night
- taking ashwagandha
- taking pantethine for cholesterol support
- oil pulling each morning with coconut oil
- walking 40 minutes a day and lifting light weights
- brain play by: subtracting numbers in my head while exercising & completing sudoku for 15 min to 1/2 hour after journaling
- feeling pooped everyday around 4pm
Supplements I've been taking all along include:
• Vitamin C: 240mg
• Vitamin B12: 1000mcg
• Pantethine: 300mg
• Vitamin D3: 5000IU
• Magnesium Oxide: 400mg
• Anti-Inflammatory Blend: Curcumin & Turmeric Extract: 250mg, Boswellia: 110mg, Black Pepper Extract 5mg
- My internal med doc referred me to a neurologist. Saw the neurologist 10 days ago and he 'gave' me a cognition test which he said I passed. He's ordered a baseline Petscan for 18 Sept; meanwhile, he ordered some of the blood tests I politely requested (ones from your postings and Dr. Bredesen's book). I've an appointment back with internal med later this month to go over labs. This said, I would very much appreciate your eyes, thoughts, recommendations, guidance on my results. I'm willing to tighten up my diet and add or delete supplements but truthfully I need direction. I know any responses, replies or suggestions are simply the indivudual's opinions and not to be considered medical advice.
Refresh: I'm a 57 year old female of Swedish, English and Irish desent. Heart disease/heart attacks/high cholesterol/diabetes in everyone in my family of origin; mother passed of AD at 75 and father passed of heart attack at 65...he was showing signs of dementia. I'm 5'9/168lbs and have a BMI of barely 25.
My labs below are from 29 August 2017.
Thank you and sending my warmest mahalo.
P.S. My May 2017 Vitamin B12 level was 1433? Wonder why it fell almost by half in 3 1/2 months? I'm still taking the same 1000mcg methylcobalamin daily. I'm guessing B vitamin methylation issues. I only have on copy of MTHFR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.