Update and Blood Results

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
doriswise
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Update and Blood Results

Postby doriswise » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:26 pm

What is oil pulling, please!!

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Congrats on all of your improvements, Yikes. I'm blown away :D .

Welcome, Doris! Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice that helps keeps the mouth, gums, and teeth free from oral infections and helps to eliminate toxins. We have evidence that gingivitis and other oral infections are linked to both CVD and AD. I use a tsp (or less) of coconut oil every AM & PM. I let it melt in my mouth and just slowly swish it around and "pull" if through my teeth. I try to do it for as long as I can, 10-15 mins. I never swallow (bacteria!), but instead spit in into the trash. It could clog up your sink. Here's a great recent article outlining "how-to" and providing relevant studies.

I recently stopped this practice; just too busy and experienced a weird sensitivity/pain in one of my teeth that had been previously crowned. I'm terrified of a root canal given the evidence that it can lead to systemic inflammation so I aggressively re-started my oil pulling practice. The tooth feels perfectly normal again just after 3-4 days. Sounds weird, but it works.

yikes0118
Contributor
Contributor

Postby yikes0118 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks Julie for your encouragement. Truthfully, I viewed your daily protocol and figured out what felt do-able and added that into my protocol.
I totally hear you on root canals....I had to have three within six-weeks in April 2012 due to the roots of those teeth being in my sinus. The sinus cavity had aspergillosis and pseudomonas. ugh. Had a pic-line (IV) and received an anti fungal and antibiotic cocktail twice a day for 21 days. I oil pull with coconut oil in the shower once a day and try to swish for 15 minutes. When I make it a daily practice my teeth feel good, they look whiter, and it seems to reduce sinus congestion. (YAY!) This has definitely been do-able -- albeit a little weird;)

Return to “Our Stories”