meggardener intro

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
meggardener
Contributor
Contributor

meggardener intro

Post by meggardener »

Hello,
It looks like I am in good company with all you kind 4/4s. I first heard of Dr. Bredesen's book when he was the guest speaker on The People's Pharmacy radio program a few weeks ago. My mother died of AD in1990 and now my brother is in a nursing facility and no longer knows me. So I have been worried about my prospects for quite a while and am so glad to know there is a lot that we can do to prevent AD. I live in South Carolina and found to my dismay that there are no practitioners here to help with a cognoscopy which seems quite daunting. So I am very happy to join this supportive group :P

Thanks with the help in finding my saved draft.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: meggardener intro

Post by Julie G »

Hi meggardener! I'm so sorry to hear about your mother... and now brother. I'm curious about your age if you'd like to share. We're just about to launch a new forum in which our members will review their healthcare providers. I'm hopeful that may prove helpful in trying to find a practitioner in your area.

You had previously asked about attaching a pic to your name. When you're logged in, in the top right corner of the forum, you should see your name. Click on that and your "User Control Panel" will appear. Select "Profile" and you can import an avatar picture. It's wonderful to have you join us.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Welcome meggardener!
I'm glad that you were able to find your saved draft and post your story (and good for you to keep trying until you achieved success). This is indeed a great supportive community in which to post your questions and comments. I hope that you'll find inspiration from the many members who've experienced positive results using Dr. Bredesen's protocols and also from using Stavia's Primer as a resource.

I'm sorry about the loss of your mother and that your brother is also experiencing cognitive decline. I'm also a 4/4 who lost both my maternal grandmother and mother to AD. Scary stuff but if certainly feels like there is a ray of hope with this research. The dietary and lifestyle changes in the Primer are a great start towards our positive futures!

Again, Welcome and Hugs to you.
Carrie
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
pharmacydoc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pharmacydoc »

I tried to add a picture, but was told it was too big. It's just a little picture that I shot with my cellphone. I even tried to crop it, but it still won't work. Any ideas?
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Editing a picture - you can resize pretty easily with Paint. If you have the picture on your computer (upload it from your phone), right click and select OPEN WITH and then PAINT. You'll see the picture, and at the top, click RESIZE. "Percentage" is selected by default (and you can use that, but is slower), and click PIXELS. Then enter "90" in each box. Then "save" that resized picture somewhere easy to find (desktop is good). Then, when you edit your profile on the site, you can upload that changed picture, and it should fit. Fingers crossed ...
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.