A4 study

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
debhall945
New User
New User

A4 study

Post by debhall945 »

I am a current participant in a large A4 study. I receive an infusion on a monthly basis which may be a placebo or an experimental treatment drug. I have been in the study for two years. In addition to the initial screening, I am evaluated every three months and have blood tests and other basic health checks . I also have mini mental tests. During the screening process, I received an MRI and a spinal tap. This determined that I have plaques. It is my understanding that the drug being tested may help remove the plaques.

I have one copy of the APOE gene. My mother and grandmother had dementia. My mother had 2 copies of this gene. I currently have no significant memory issues, but sincerely hope that I will be able to contribute in some way to a cure.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: A4 study

Post by Orangeblossom »

I hope it helps you. have you felt any different since the study started?
sylvieJ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: A4 study

Post by sylvieJ »

Hello debhall945
welcome to the forum.

We are happy that you are here sharing your knowledge and experience in the A4 study. I really hope the study is being beneficial to you. How are you feeling?

Have you read over the PRIMER as it is filled with great information that you may find useful.
PRIMER

Please reach out and post your questions and share. We are all here to share and support.

warmly
Sylvie