Anyone have issues with scleritis? Plus Newbie Introduction

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Flo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Anyone have issues with scleritis? Plus Newbie Introduction

Postby Flo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:18 am

Ninoshka1603 wrote:Hi there, so I've been diagnosed with anterior scleritis since the past 3 years and i didn't know how serious it was until now. it keeps recurring on and off without a reason. Did many many tests, none that were conclusive of the cause. As of now, i see an ophthalmologist and a rheumatologist to test me. so far I've been on predforte 1% drops along with some pain killers and now I've been started on Steroid tablets for a little more than a month tapering the tablets and the drops. The condition gets better once I'm on meds but it keeps recurring. The immunologist says i definitely have immunological scleritis and he suggests that i start on Folitray (immunosuppressant) and also to take Folivite to make up for the lost folic acid. I'm a bit hesitant to get on that. Please let me know if you have gone through anything of this sort. Looking for as many opinions as possible. REALLY SCARED.

Dear Ninoshka1603,

Your fear is totally understandable and normal, I know I would react the same way in your circumstances! It would be really helpful to get to know you a bit better, maybe if you feel like it you could tell us a bit more about yourself in Our Stories? For example, have you tried implementing some of the recommended lifestyle change for auto-immune diseases, or those recommended Dr Bredesden and Dr Gundry? There are plenty of preventative measures for Alzheimer's to be found in the Primer, which I feel would bring some degree of control and hope back into your life.

You've definitely come to the right place for support, this community is amazing!

And by the way, if you need guidance on how to make the most of the website, there are plenty of tips in the How-to section of the Wiki - otherwise, please don't hesitate to ask.

Warmly
Flo

Return to “Our Stories”