Advice for somone in the UK

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
eeb
New User
New User

Advice for somone in the UK

Post by eeb »

I have a family history of AD and have just found I have one copy of ApoE4. I am trying to get my head around everything and have Dr Bredesen's book which is really helpful.

A few questions for those of you who live in the UK. Can I ask which labs you use to get the blood tests etc done as my GP isn't interested - you can't blame him as it all costs money, I just thought I would ask him! Presumably I will have to find a private doctor to sort out all the test results or are there other people who can balance hormones etc? I know my thyroid for one is not working well and that would need addressing.

Also can you find MCT oil capsules over here? I have found the oil but would prefer not to have to drink it.

I have so many practical questions before getting started. Perhaps someone on this side of the pond could help me.

Thanks
sylvieJ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Advice for somone in the UK

Post by sylvieJ »

Hello ebb, and welcome to the forum.

We are happy that you have found this community. I suggest that you read over the PRIMER as it is filled with great information that you may find useful.
PRIMER

I'm sorry I live in Canada and don't have any info on some of your local questions.
I would suggest looking online for the MCT oil capsules.

There are many experienced members in this community who have a wealth of knowledge and experience. Please reach out and post your questions. We are all here to share and support.

warm regards
Sylvie
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Advice for somone in the UK

Post by slacker »

Welcome eeb;

There are definitely some UK member on our site, can't think of anyone specifically, but hopefully they will see the title of your post and communicate with you. I tried to search by "UK" with our search engine (hiding under 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the website), but 2 letters were too general...
Another idea - search for "chatterjee"; he is a Bredesen trained MD in the UK. By searching the site for him, you will find some of the other members from the UK (former discussion about providers in the UK) ;)

If you get Amazon service in the UK, you can get MCT oil capsules with them. I mix the MCT oil with my breakfast nut "granola". The MCT oil has very little flavor.

Good luck!
Slacker
E4/E4