Just for today -- One positive thought, word, action at a time.

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Searcher
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Just for today -- One positive thought, word, action at a time.

Post by Searcher »

circular wrote:Yesterday I was too productive to report anything, since I had eleven (11!) hours of solid sleep the night before!
Circular, congrats! I found a whole world of positives in your sentence.

Being productive suggests that you kept piling one positive moment upon another all day.

Congrats on the solid sleep too! And the meditation.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Did not have a chance to report my positive actions yesterday because I was away from the internet.
1) off the internet all day! 2) Went to a movie in a theater, which is something I love to do and seldom do.
Saw "The Shape of Water". Beautiful. 3) did Tai Chi even though it was 11 PM when I got home and I was tired. Congratulated myself afterwards.
Today 1) I meditated 2) Increased my own feelings of connection and positivity by reaching out to someone who was feeling negative.
Shared my (science-backed!) sense of hope.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

circular wrote:Yesterday I was too productive to report anything, since I had eleven (11!) hours of solid sleep the night before! Stress had interfered with my sleep significantly earlier in the week, so I felt on top of the world. Last night not so good again, so I'm now off to meditate and smooth out the kinks...
Circular, how great is that! The same day you did it, I slept 10-11 hours as well. Good on ya!
Drae -- floundering forward, everlasting beginner.
Poco a poco. it don't work if you don't do it.
JulieG: Sticking with it slowly.
G.K. Chesterton: Practice makes progress.
A thing worth doing well is worth doing badly at first.
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

Searcher wrote:

Circular, congrats! I found a whole world of positives in your sentence.

Being productive suggests that you kept piling one positive moment upon another all day.

Congrats on the solid sleep too! And the meditation.
Searcher, I also found a whole world of positives in your observations. =)

Noticing and appreciating (lol! Chrome thinks that is not a word) and congratulating on positives has to do good things to our chemistry as well as for the people we are noticing, appreciating and congratulating. Right?

I read years ago that one smile can move from person to person, changing things around the world.

Good on ya, too!

Drae
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

floramaria wrote:Did not have a chance to report my positive actions yesterday because I was away from the internet.
1) off the internet all day! 2) Went to a movie in a theater, which is something I love to do and seldom do.
Saw "The Shape of Water". Beautiful. 3) did Tai Chi even though it was 11 PM when I got home and I was tired. Congratulated myself afterwards.
Today 1) I meditated 2) Increased my own feelings of connection and positivity by reaching out to someone who was feeling negative.
Shared my (science-backed!) sense of hope.
Wow, Floramaria! What good work. I especially appreciate the ideas I am getting from these as well as the inspiration and encouragement. If you can, we can. Right? I particularly enjoyed a day off the internet. I might set up a weekly day of media fasting. Sounds good to me. Maybe Sundays.

I have been struggling some lately (a little pain) but getting better again and find I am still doing my three priorities for the month, my main goal. Ah, forget all those others. If I can build three habits, now we're talking!

And today's bonuses: I finally got a tour of our senior center, and, signed up for a lab test which I will stop for on my way home tomorrow. Progress!

Thanks to all who play the positive game!

Drae
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Media fasting! => DING! You have just won the Most Fabulous New Phrase on the Forum Award! This will prove to be as important as food fasting! Love the idea of one off-line day a week. Now that would both really challenge me and be just what I need.

Drae, amazing work with your three goals! Better to stick to three and do them well than to spread yourself too thin. New habits can be layered in later. I hereby dub you Drae the Beacon of Positivity! And so as not to make it something to live up to, you’ll always be entitled to down moments should they come in on some wave that needs to break on the shore.

Feeling today like my current protocol may be taking me to another level of better.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

My positive action has been supplement fasting (to continue a theme). I'm coming to the conclusion that some I have been taking are now unnecessary or can be cut back, maybe because I've managed to heal some underlying issues. Woke up this morning well rested and in a good mood after a couple days of only a few supplements, even though I worked all day yesterday on a cement floor building exhibits at the museum (which usually does a number on my joints and leaves me fatigued). Even my gut feels good (so far, fingers crossed!)

Drae, your thread is such a great idea to remind us to look daily at what is going well in our lives. Such a gift!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Susan that’s fantastic news! I’ve also been beginning to think about what to cut back on now that I’m doing so much better, and I recall Julie mentioning something like this as going on for her and that she would write about it. I’m going to hold off taking much out for now due to a phase of some extremely high, situational stress levels, but I see it coming. I’m encouraged by and happy about your progress! Thanks for reporting!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Drae, Circ has dubbed you ... Drae the Beacon of Positivity. I think you should add that to your signature on the site. :-)
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

circular wrote:Media fasting! => DING! You have just won the Most Fabulous New Phrase on the Forum Award!
Ah, Circular! I loved getting this award. Truly, it is something practiced at times by my prayer group. But, your enthusiasm inspired me so I did about a 90% media fast Sunday (yesterday). Both Saturday and Sunday this week were very full for me. I like doing the media fast on Sunday and may stick with it, get better at it. Thanks for spurring me on!
SusanJ wrote:My positive action has been supplement fasting (to continue a theme). I'm coming to the conclusion that some I have been taking are now unnecessary or can be cut back, maybe because I've managed to heal some underlying issues...

Drae, your thread is such a great idea to remind us to look daily at what is going well in our lives. Such a gift!
Susan, Wow! That was a totally new thought to me and the inspiration for another thought I had this morning. My upward progress on BrainHQ leveled out, and, I am still a good 10 points below where I might could be, compared to my age group. Then I remembered. I quit making progress about the time I ran out of the C8 MCT Bulletproof Brain Octane oil. I am going to order some more today.

And thanks for noticing and participating in the positiveness. I really believe it is our individual ACTIONS and PARTICIPATIONS that move us forward. I am focusing (maybe for the first time in my life) more on the doing than the studying. And, I believe that may turn out to be crucial for me. I am excited to see how many have chosen to participate and hope this catches on big. Not for me, but for all of us. It is a healthful lifestyle choice we can easily do every day right here and even help inspire others. Don't we need encouragement and inspiration? Thanks so much for yours!
Jan wrote:Drae, Circ has dubbed you ... Drae the Beacon of Positivity. I think you should add that to your signature on the site. :-)
Oh, Jan. What an encourager you are! That might be a hat a little too big for this head. :lol: :roll: :D

In Circular's honor, and yours, I have chosen a signature line. What do you think of it?

Drae