Newcomer Intro

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
jenfelix
Contributor
Contributor

Newcomer Intro

Post by jenfelix »

I’m new to apoE4.info have profound admiration for the creators and contributors to the free wealth of information here. Thank you! I usually avoid social media, especially because I already spend too much time on the computer, but this website is exceptional.

Each week I’m doing a little more of the Bredesen ReCODE protocol. I’m honestly feeling terrific these days, although I don’t yet feel keto-adapted during workouts. I’m also aware that there may be other paths, besides ReCODE, to optimal brain health. I especially look forward to reading the outcome of Stavia’s self-experimentation with a low-fat vegetarian diet. I also wonder if some of the newly added aspects in ReCODE 3.0 unbeknownst to me (the additional 10-15 “holes in the roof”) include holistic health-promoting aspects like developing positive social connections, spending time in nature, and feeling like one lives a meaningful life.

I’m motivated to nurture my brain health. My grandmother succumbed to Alzheimer’s and my mother suffers severe mental health issues...sad to type that sentence. 23andme had been processing my DNA for weeks, so I’ll find out my ApoE4 status soon.

I’ve recently begun testing my blood ketones with the Keto-Mojo. I look forward to finding a thread discussing people’s experiences with the correlation between how they feel and their ketone meter readings.

Truly,
Jen
Jen F
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newcomer Intro

Post by Jan »

Hi, Jen, and welcome to the site! I agree with you, this site is special, and definitely worth extended time in your journey.

I see from a subsequent post that you are a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach. As it happens, so am I - newly minted. :-) There were ten of us in ApoE4.info's first collaboration with the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy (we're just graduating at the end of this month), and there is a new group of ten about to begin their Practicum on the site (February 1). (Several of my group are remaining as continuing volunteers on the site. We like it here!) :-)

I love your idea of in-person meetups, and love that it has reignited Circ's exploration of a next-stage meetup facilitator. Dr. Bredesen often speaks of ApoE4.info as the 'model' for community sites of the future, and of the absolute importance of 'community' in eventually making Alzheimer's a rare disease. You can tell our members are on the forefront of bringing that about. Glad to have you join us!

Jan
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
jenfelix
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jenfelix »

Nice to virtually meet you Jan. It's been great to see my fellow functional medicine health coaches moderating and supporting with their posts, providing the high quality guidance and participation that helps make this site outstanding.

I graduated from FMCA in Dec 2016 prior to the collaboration with ApoE4.info. Before now, I've been coaching within a different niche. I bought two copies of "The End of Alzheimer's" in a bookstore the day it came out. The book spoke to me personally on so many levels, including appealing to me as a UCLA Bruin who worked in Dept of Neurobiology when the young field of neuropsychoimmunology was gaining momentum and coincidentally during part of the time when Dr. Bredesen was at UCLA.

I see you've completed the ReCODE 3.0 practitioner training--kudos to you! I'm planning to take the Bredesen coaching certification when it's offered, hopefully in April. I'm wondering how the price and content will compare to the medical practitioner version.

I realize that other FMCHC's probably have a ton on their plate already, but I would be delighted to connect with any of you who are coaching prevention/reversal of cognitive decline. If interested, please personal message me so we could arrange a time to chat.
Jen F
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

PMing you now. :-)
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2
rianlees
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rianlees »

Hello All,
I am a functional medicine coaching student and pleased to be involved with the internship at ApoE4.
My current work is in nutritional, herbal and lifestyle medicine so I think the ApoE community will be a good place for me to be.
I am looking forward to meeting and interacting with others interested in sustaining, improving and managing chronic health conditions by way of self-empowerment, self-determination and community support. I hope that my involvement in this online community will also benefit others in my local community.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Welcome, rianlees ... I think everybody on this site has an interest in nutrition and herbal medicine. We're glad to have you with us.
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2
Csaebye
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Csaebye »

Hi, I'm a danish GP, ApoE4 Homozygote and have completed the IFM's certification program, although I haven't signed up for the exam yet. I'm have for quite som time been searching for a Bredesen/ ReCode certification program as I am focusing my worklife to helping people in my own situation, preventing and reversing. Jenfelix, you write that you know of such a program?
All the best,
Claus
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Csaebye wrote:Hi, I'm a danish GP, ApoE4 Homozygote and have completed the IFM's certification program, although I haven't signed up for the exam yet. I'm have for quite som time been searching for a Bredesen/ ReCode certification program as I am focusing my worklife to helping people in my own situation, preventing and reversing. Jenfelix, you write that you know of such a program?
All the best,
Claus
Welcome to the forum Claus!
Are you interested in Dr. Bredesen's Clinical Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline for physicians or Reversing Cognitive Decline Training for Health Coaches?
I think Jenfelix was referring to the training for the Health Coaches.

Dr. Bredesen in collaboration with Institute of Functional Medicine offers a training for physicians. From the site it looks that is available to take it in online format and its worth up to 13 CME credits. Here is the link:
https://www.ifm.org/learning-center/rev ... -training/

The training for the Health Coaches is offered through Functional Medicine Coaching Academy and is a part of continuing education program for already certified coaches:
https://functionalmedicinecoaching.org/ ... e-decline/

It sounds your are very interested in the science of brain health and cognition. If you would like to get more familiar with the topics discussed on our forum please take a look at the PRIMER. It has been written and regularly updated by one of the members, APOE4 carrier dr. Stavia. The Primer is closely aligned with Dr. Bredesen's methods and its to certain degree a roadmap for many members.

I hope my message answered your question. If more concern arise please do not hesitate to post.

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Csaebye
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Csaebye »

Hi Magda, thx for your reply. I have actually attended the IFM advanced clincal course, I somehow just hoped that a more practical course was available. But I’ll look into the Primer, and thx again, I’m excited to have found you.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Claus
CoachMT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachMT »

Csaebye wrote:Hi, I'm a danish GP, ApoE4 Homozygote and have completed the IFM's certification program, although I haven't signed up for the exam yet. I'm have for quite som time been searching for a Bredesen/ ReCode certification program as I am focusing my worklife to helping people in my own situation, preventing and reversing. Jenfelix, you write that you know of such a program?
All the best,
Claus
Welcome to the to the Apoe4.info community Claus! Kudos to you for learning everything you can about the Bredesen Protocol, taking the IFM certification program, applying it in your own life, and wanting to help others do the same! What a contribution you will be making by helping others prevent and reverse cognitive decline and any adverse impacts of carrying ApoE4! As Magda mentioned, there is a training for Health Coaches offered through the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, titled, "Reversing Cognitive Decline (RCD) for Coaches" . It may be something you are interested in looking into as a training option.

Great to see that you've posted your story and found the Our Stories forum to learn about fellow members and share. So glad to have you as a member of the forum- Welcome!

Best,
Mandy
-Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline (FMCA)
-Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
-National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)