Seeking others using Bredesen protocol at mid-stage AD

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
rebdeb
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Seeking others using Bredesen protocol at mid-stage AD

Post by rebdeb »

Back on the forum to say we had our appointment with Dr. Hathaway. Excellent. Immediately gave us boxes of tests to take home and get started on; and then mailed us a couple more. VERY responsive office. And we are very motivated. Hope within 6-8 weeks to be able to complete all tests and have the results back, as some take a month to get results. We also are part of a Bredesen protocol support group in our community (over 55 community) here in Bay Area. That just began. My husband 4/4 is declining still, but not at a fast rate. Maybe the protocol fasting and keto diet is slowing things....I'm doing it with him and feel much better too.
Shine
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shine »

Hi Debbie

I would be very interested to hear an update on how your husband is going now since being on the protocol for a few months?

Thanks, Sharon
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Sharon wrote:Hi Debbie
I would be very interested to hear an update on how your husband is going now since being on the protocol for a few months?
Thanks, Sharon
Hi again Sharon,

One of the quirks of this software is that the only way to "ping" someone that you are replying to their post is a) if they have "subscribed" or "bookmarked" their post using the little "wrench" icon drop-down menu at the top of the post or b) if you quote them. You can check out both on the How-To wiki.
But in the interest of linking two great minds, I'm going to quote "rebdeb" below so she will get an email notifying her of your reply. (That's our secret sauce: an email notification for quotes, or new posts to any topic or thread you bookmark or subscribe to follow.)
rebdeb wrote:My husband 4/4 is declining still, but not at a fast rate. Maybe the protocol fasting and keto diet is slowing things....I'm doing it with him and feel much better too.
4/4 and still an optimist!