Asked to do book review on Dr. Bredesen's _The End of Alzheimer's_ CRY FOR HELP, PLEASE

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Fc1345linville
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Asked to do book review on Dr. Bredesen's _The End of Alzheimer's_ help, please

Post by Fc1345linville »

It might be helpful to read the attached review of the book by a functional medicine Physician.

http://www.unconventionalmedicine.net/b ... ook-review

Fc
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Asked to do book review on Dr. Bredesen's _The End of Alzheimer's_ help, please

Post by Stavia »

Fc1345linville wrote:It might be helpful to read the attached review of the book by a functional medicine Physician.

http://www.unconventionalmedicine.net/b ... ook-review

Fc
Thank you Fc. It's a great review.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
joe duggan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Asked to do book review on Dr. Bredesen's _The End of Alzheimer's_ help, please

Post by joe duggan »

Best wishes on your book review, Drae, I too was inspired by the book! It motivated me to try my own modified ketoflex12/3 with encouraging blood chemistry results and weight loss in only 3 months. Like all the other advice, I agree to speak from the heart and share your own experiences.
SandyK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SandyK »

joe duggan wrote:Best wishes on your book review, Drae, I too was inspired by the book! It motivated me to try my own modified ketoflex12/3 with encouraging blood chemistry results and weight loss in only 3 months. Like all the other advice, I agree to speak from the heart and share your own experiences.
Great that you were curious to read Dr. Bredesen's book and make some changes. Congratulations on encouraging blood results. Are you following any of the other protocols? His work has given such hope for me now that I know I carry 1 copy of the gene.
joe duggan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by joe duggan »

Yes, Sandy, I use one of those free-airline eye covers, because my wife has always been a late night in bed reader and I have increased my exercise.
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Asked to do book review on Dr. Bredesen's _The End of Alzheimer's_ CRY FOR HELP, PLEASE

Post by drae »

Sara wrote:Hi Drae, Some great ideas above! If you do put together some slides or a handout and want someone to proof it for you don't hesitate to reach out! You will be awesome!
Okay, Sara -- and all who so wonderfully responded -- I have not disappeared, just been busy mostly with protocol goals.

Now, my "due date" on the book review is this Thursday, March 1. And, I am having trouble doing everything I'm doing so far as fitting in more. I have not even finished re-reading the book. Normally, coming up with a handout would have been easy-peasy and enjoyable for me. This decade, not so much.

Help, please -- anyone who is up for it -- to come up with a handout. If you want to volunteer, and can get it done early (I have to go to the library to print), I would be very grateful.

I'm thinking a few headline style basics on the topic, a few pics, a few very simple suggestions, links to the book, Dr. Bredesen, the Apoe4.info forum and maybe the Evolving Past Alzheimer's podcasts under "where to learn more."

I am open to suggestions but also convinced I won't get this done and will possibly end up going in empty handed.

Thanks, all.

Will report my (much) personal progress on another post soon.

Drae
Drae -- floundering forward, everlasting beginner.
Poco a poco. it don't work if you don't do it.
JulieG: Sticking with it slowly.
G.K. Chesterton: Practice makes progress.
A thing worth doing well is worth doing badly at first.
ElaineB
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Asked to do book review on Dr. Bredesen's _The End of Alzheimer's_ CRY FOR HELP, PLEASE

Post by ElaineB »

Hi Drae

If you look at the Primer under 8. Selected Supplements viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418&start=20#p15840 you will see Stavia has put two pdf downloads to Mend 1 and 2. They are a summary done by Dr Bredesden of the protocol and you might be able just to copy bits you want to illustrated the points you wish to make. Just a thought, but I came across them this afternoon when reviewing the Primer! With amendment they would make a good take home handout, first page especially.

I hope that helps.

Elaine
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Hi Drae, Was thinking about this today and thought you might want to draw the audience in at the beginning with a bullet/segment about 'how to give yourself Alzheimer's disease'. Dr. Bredesen dedicates Chapter 4 to this topic and it's a good way to catch people's attention and pull them into the conversation. Let us know how you are making out. I can do some review/proofing tomorrow afternoon if you have the file available. Good Luck! Sara
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

Thanks, Sara. I just re-read that chapter yesterday. It may be my favorite and I was thinking the same thing.

This will be a small group, mostly of caretakers of people with moderate to advanced AD. I sense the room tighten up when the subject of the book comes up, so have decided to tread lightly on convicting people their own ways are a problem. (We all know that anyway.) I am aiming more for spreading the message that there is hope for future generations and those who are early on with symptoms. Also that whatever protocol can be used with their loved ones could possibly help "some." Does this sound like a good place to be coming from?

Before I showed up with the book NONE had heard anything but the old message of doom and death.

Thanks for your help!
Drae
Drae -- floundering forward, everlasting beginner.
Poco a poco. it don't work if you don't do it.
JulieG: Sticking with it slowly.
G.K. Chesterton: Practice makes progress.
A thing worth doing well is worth doing badly at first.