Newbe

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
SandyK
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newbe

Post by SandyK »

Hi Robin and Fran. You have come to the right place for support and great information. You might want to pick up Dr. Steven Gundry's book "The Plant Paradox" and get familiar with his thoughts on diet. I know there is a lot to process and I congratulate you for reaching out to learn more. There is a wiki page at the top right of the page (with 3 dots) that will lead you to more answers to questions you will have. Safe travels home.
Best, Sandyk
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Fran/Robin beat it wrote:We are new to this whole situation. I am Robin (caregiver) and my wife Fran was diagnosed with ‘early onset dementia’ in the summer of 2016. I heard about Dr. Bredesen’s book and bought a copy. Heavy slogging. We have not had any testing done and so I guess that is where we will start when we return to Ottawa, Ontario next week. The other priority is to find a Doctor/coach to work with us. I’ll be starting that process at the geriatric clinic in Ottawa. Our other priority will be the diet change. This is a daunting voyage that all of you have been on and that we are just starting.
Hi, Robin and Fran. You probably by now are back in Ottawa, beginning your search for a doctor and/or coach to work with. I hope that is going well. You mentioned a diet change also. There are many threads on the site about diet, and if you have questions, feel free to post. The 'change' you are seeking can seem daunting, but is made less so by friends assisting. We on the site would be happy to try to assist. :-) Looking forward to hearing more about your progress!
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Proverbs31_Woman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Proverbs31_Woman »

Have you been able to find a doctor /health coach in Ottawa? I'm also in the Ottawa area. I'm attempting to get my mom started on the Bredesen Protocol as soon as possible.
AnnaM
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AnnaM »

Hi Proverbs31_Woman,
We have some things in common! My mother was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, but I live in Florida now. I commend your "pioneer" attitude of finding the answers you need! Here is information about finding a practitioner: https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Main_Page# ... actitioner
I have a Bredesen practitioner who has his practice online. I'm happy to help you if needed.
Here is a link to the Primer that has a wealth of great information: viewtopic.php?t=1418
I'm a new intern here and still learning the ropes myself!
Good luck and come back often,
AnnaM
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
Proverbs31_Woman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Proverbs31_Woman »

AnnaM wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:12 am Hi Proverbs31_Woman,
We have some things in common! My mother was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, but I live in Florida now. I commend your "pioneer" attitude of finding the answers you need! Here is information about finding a practitioner: https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Main_Page# ... actitioner
I have a Bredesen practitioner who has his practice online. I'm happy to help you if needed.
Here is a link to the Primer that has a wealth of great information: viewtopic.php?t=1418
I'm a new intern here and still learning the ropes myself!
Good luck and come back often,
AnnaM
Hi Anna M,

Thank you for the information. I have found someone and I will be setting up an appointment with them hopefully this week if they can take my mom.