Intro

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
pmruzicka
New User
New User

Intro

Post by pmruzicka »

Hello! My name is Paul and I am a middle school math teacher. I carry one APOE-ε3 allele and one APOE-ε4 allele. I am here to further my knowledge.
Priya
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Intro

Post by Priya »

Hey welcome, I’m new too.
4x4 and Hashi - Currently anxious but searching for calm
Cas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cas »

Hi Paul

Welcome to the site and thank you for introducing yourself.

This is a great site for gaining more knowledge and a perfect starting place is with our primer which can be accessed here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

This was written by one of our members and has so much detailed information in it!

Have a look around the site and I’m sure you’ll find lots of support here.

Take care
Catherine
Functional Medicine Coaching Academy Student
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

pmruzicka wrote:Hello! My name is Paul and I am a middle school math teacher. I carry one APOE-ε3 allele and one APOE-ε4 allele. I am here to further my knowledge.
Hi Paul,
Welcome to a place where we're all looking to further our knowledge and appreciate people who have the gifts to further the knowledge of adolescents! And in math, no less! My grandmother was a math teacher who was so skilled at her craft that at the age of 91 she was able to convince the staff of her nursing home that she had taught then-about-to-resign President Nixon math by describing in detail his math weaknesses. A good math teacher never retires; she just savors the memories.

Feel free to ask any questions, to check out the WIKI and to use the Search function (the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of the page near your user name.) Quick note: If you would like your user name to be different than your teacher name, just send an email to tech-team@apoe4.info

Eons ago I was a H.S. English teacher and not so long ago a special ed. administrator who worked with lots of M.S. staff, kids and families. I found that M.S. teachers (almost) always have a sense of humor, are skilled in circumventing obstacles to learning (including ones imposed by administrators!) and use teamwork to solve problems in order to help others. This community is a lot like a great Middle School faculty: active, noisy, able to agree to disagree, with a "got your back" attitude of supporting each person in a sometimes confusing new world.

Enjoy exploring this site, and enjoy also the crazy last few weeks of school before a well-deserved summer break.
4/4 and still an optimist!