New 4/4 member introducton

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New 4/4 member introducton

Post by floramaria »

HI Kevin,
Sleep has also been a problem area for me, and I did a lot of searching through the posts on the site to gather helpful information.
Blue Blocker glasses were a big help. I also take Magnesium Theonate before bed and use an app called BRainWaves (though for me, the single biggest change was bioidentical hormones). Being evaluated for sleep apnea is also important if you continue to have sleep problems after you have followed the “sleep hygiene” recommendations. Many people find to their surprise that sleep apnea is the root of their sleep problems.
One thing you might find helpful to narrow the results of searching for threads about sleep is to use the magnifying glass in near the top of the page to access the search function. Enter “sleep” in the top bar, then below that you will see “Search Options”. You can click there to find posts where Sleep is in the title. That narrows the entries to 4 pages of entries to sort through, rather than the 200+ pages of entries where sleep is mentioned in the body of the post.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health