Blog Post mentions Bredesen book--I feel like this is a shared accomplishment

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Blog Post mentions Bredesen book--I feel like this is a shared accomplishment

Post by drae »

Hi, all! Hiking with a purple Alzheimer's NC cap has gotten some coverage on turning AD around. Please forgive if this is not okay and jerk it offline immediately. :oops:

Here's the link:

NC State Parks blog post references Bredesen book and lifestyle changes.

I just hit 50 miles on State Park trails and the Book Club at the Senior Center did sign me up to review The End of Alzheimer's... May 2019! LOL

Life is overfull but I have a new phrase to describe how I am doing these days: floundering forward. :lol:

Still trying to hike 3 days a week, finish a course, compete in the Senior Games (bocce and poetry), and, get ready for a trip to see mom on her 95th birthday. I really want to get back to the community and trust I will, someway, somehow.

Happy summer, everyone! Get out and do something fun.

Drae
Drae -- floundering forward, everlasting beginner.
Poco a poco. it don't work if you don't do it.
JulieG: Sticking with it slowly.
G.K. Chesterton: Practice makes progress.
A thing worth doing well is worth doing badly at first.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Blog Post mentions Bredesen book--I feel like this is a shared accomplishment

Post by NF52 »

Way to go, Drae!! You will never know how many people in N.C. and elsewhere you've inspired to get out and hike.
Keep on trekking, sister. Hugs from VA.
4/4 and still an optimist!
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Blog Post mentions Bredesen book--I feel like this is a shared accomplishment

Post by drae »

NF52 wrote:Way to go, Drae!! You will never know how many people in N.C. and elsewhere you've inspired to get out and hike.
Keep on trekking, sister. Hugs from VA.
Thanks, NF52. Yes, it is good to inspire people to hike, but the real deal is not only to reverse my issues but to get the word out there about the protocol. I was very impressed that the author apparently looked up the book and came to her own conclusion about the importance of it. Of course, it supports park programs but I was pleased that it seemed to come out less about me and more about opportunities, Alzheimer's and otherwise.

Thanks for it and hugs to you!

Drae
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Drae, just wow! What a great story and recognition of how far you've come since you first appeared here in the forum!!!
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

Susan, I totally agree. I am amazed. It has been five months. The changes seem to be sticking. =)

I always enjoy your lovely on-point posts (not just to me). I was in a new State Park today and the Superintendent and Staffer were delighted to hear good news about Alzheimer's. I feel like Johnny Appleseed! LOL

Drae
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

So proud of you , Drae!!! -xo
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Drae, you’re an inspiration to me! I enjoyed reading the blog post about your hiking goal for the year at NC state parks. I live in NC, so you’ve got me thinking. But I feel like I need to progress further on my mold illness adventure before embarking on a similar adventure.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

Ah, the brain. You are an inspiration to me! I totally understand. Would you possibly like to get together? I have to cover the whole state to make my hikes, and, fortunately, live very central to it. PM me if you might be interested.

Drae
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Wonderful story and post Drae. You've come a long way!!
Tincup
E3,E4
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

Thanks, Tincup. You have been so much help to me and I enjoy every bit of your support!

Drae