trying to post an intro without any luck

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Jillybeans
Contributor
Contributor

trying to post an intro without any luck

Post by Jillybeans »

I've written out long introductions twice now, then when I hit "submit" it says I have to be logged in, even though I am already. Then my message is gone. Now I'm even more concerned about my brain since I can't even figure out how to make a post here. So, this is my test to see if it will work.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Re: trying to post an intro without any luck

Post by Magda »

Jillybeans wrote:I've written out long introductions twice now, then when I hit "submit" it says I have to be logged in, even though I am already. Then my message is gone. Now I'm even more concerned about my brain since I can't even figure out how to make a post here. So, this is my test to see if it will work.
Hi Jillbeans,

Welcome to the forum! Yes, we can see this massage. You are doing very well, the way the forum and posting works is a little confusing in the beginning, it also took me awhile to figure it out. Have your post saved, this way you will never lose it.

To post your introduction, please click the "Forums" button then from the list select "Our stories" once you are in "Our Stories" category, on the top left corner you will see "New topics" button, click on that. The window with a new message will open up. Type in your subject, a message and click submit.

Looking forward to your introduction, please message me if you have more troubles.

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Jillybeans wrote:I've written out long introductions twice now, then when I hit "submit" it says I have to be logged in, even though I am already. Then my message is gone. Now I'm even more concerned about my brain since I can't even figure out how to make a post here. So, this is my test to see if it will work.
You passed the test, jillybeans!
Not only did your post work—your brain is working fine!! It’s the forum software that sometimes punishes those of us who write long posts by logging us off after what it thinks is no activity. I have tried yelling “I’m using my brain! That’s activity!” Sadly, I have found I don’t have a Vulcan mind meld with the software.
So here’s how to stop losing all those great thoughts:
1. If you want to start a new topic (as you just did so well!) click on the box that says “New Topic” at the top left of the Forum you are on. Drafts need a “subject” or “topic” to save, so pick your “headline”.
2. Every 15 minutes or so, or anytime you’re called away, go to the bottom of your draft and click on “save draft”. You’ll get a prompt asking if you’re sure you want to save. Click “yes”. The screen will then allow you to choose to go to the last forum. Ignore that and instead clickon you username (jillybeans) in the upper right hand corner. That will show a drop down menu, and you want to click on “User Control Panel”.
When you click on the Panel, it shows you a menu on the left. One choice is Manage Drafts. Select that and you should see your draft with the title you gave it. Click on the words “load draft” and you are back in business.
Cumbersome, yes. But for those of us who don’t write in Twitter verse, it becomes a quick habit to “save draft”/Name/User Control Panel/Load Draft/ keep writing/Preview/Submit.
Please share what we missed.
Hugs and kudos on your success!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Karengo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karengo »

Hello Jillybeans: Welcome to the community! I understand you've been feeling frustrated as you've been trying to post your story here. Well done for perservering! I'm glad you did and look forward to hearing more about you and your story. I can already tell you are a determined woman and despite the challenges you made it! (I appreciate your sense of humor). I'll echo what others have already said, nothing amiss with your brain at all! I hold technology completely responsible for the mishap. At least it seems to be working now.

As you're getting to know your way around the site, I want to let you know about the Primer which is a resource created by physician member, Stavia. I trust you'll find it full of information which may help address any questions you may have. You can also search any topic or discussion you're curious about here Wiki or click on magnifying glass icon at the top of the page near your user name.

You've taken a positive step joining us here and hope you'll become an active member of the community. Whenever you feel inspired to share your story and experiences you can go here OurStories Please feel free to post questions and continue to contribute the forum as much as you like. We're here to support each other and share our information, insights and experiences. And sometimes it's just nice to know we're in this together. We're glad you're here to join us! I'm looking forward to "seeing" you around.

Again, sending you a warm welcome :) Thank you for being here!

Best,
~Karengo
ApoE4 Support Team
FMCA certified Health Coach
"For whatever we lose like a you or a me, it's always ourselves we find in the sea"