Transitioning to Bredesen/Keto Diet

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
goldenlvr
Contributor
Contributor

Transitioning to Bredesen/Keto Diet

Post by goldenlvr »

Hello Again! I have been gaining so much information from this site that I thought I would try to make a small contribution. To re-introduce myself, I am a 62 year old female ApoE4/4. My older sister died 2 weeks ago of Alzheimer's. My mother had vascular dementia and lived to be 91. My Dad did not have any symptoms of AD and lived to be 84.

When I found out my status 3 years ago I was devastated. I talked to two different internists who mostly just gave me a sad look and offered no advice. I decided to try to live the healthiest life possible. I wasn't really overweight, grew a large vegetable garden and walked every day.

A few months ago my niece contacted me about a wellness group she was coaching online. I decided to join, mostly out of curiosity and a desire to reconnect with my niece. I went "all in" with the program which included portion control, Clean Eating, protein shakes and varied daily workouts from home. I lost 10 pounds I didn't think I could lose or really even needed to and without feeling deprived. I have fewer joint and back pains and I feel happier and "somewhat" in control of my destiny. The online support of a group of like-minded women kept me engaged and interested. And I found out just how wonderful, smart and passionate my niece is.

Now that I am moving on to the Bredesen protocol, I find the diet and exercise is very close to what has now become my lifestyle. I hope this helps someone just starting out on a journey of wellness.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Transitioning to Bredesen/Keto Diet

Post by Sara »

Wow! What a great story. Congratulations on your accomplishments and for not giving up! So many hear those words from our physicians and people we trust and stay stuck. It takes courage, a positive attitude and resolve to move forward as you have! Keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing your next update.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD