Frustrated over finances

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Robhypno
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Frustrated over finances

Post by Robhypno »

Great post NF52, thanks
BethJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BethJ »

I cannot express to you how much your reply means to me. You’re perspective not only helps calm my fears, but also will help me prioritize and find the “sweet spot” in my daily Protocal. My current physician who is Bredesen trained and works for a big hospital system has notified me that they are not moving forward with the Protocal or any functional medicine work related to the brain. I’m hoping that I can find a functional medicine Dr. who is willing to prioritize on the 36 holes, not sure any of the Bredesen trained practitioners will.
Never the less, thank you for sharing what Indywoman wrote. The daily stress I put myself under to be “perfect” on the Protocal (causing financial stress as well) is counter productive. I appreciate your words, from the bottom of my heart!
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

BethJ wrote:I cannot express to you how much your reply means to me. You’re perspective not only helps calm my fears, but also will help me prioritize and find the “sweet spot” in my daily Protocal. My current physician who is Bredesen trained and works for a big hospital system has notified me that they are not moving forward with the Protocal or any functional medicine work related to the brain. I’m hoping that I can find a functional medicine Dr. who is willing to prioritize on the 36 holes, not sure any of the Bredesen trained practitioners will.
Hang in there BethJ!

I am working with a Bredesen trained MD who wanted to order EVERYTHING initially. I politely pushed back, explaining my need to be cost effective, and she modified accordingly (although she probably thought I was a stupid twit) :lol: . All providers should be in a good position to help each of us determine protocol priorities. As it turned out, the area I was pushing off (type 3 workup) was the area causing the most problems! That being said, I'm still glad that I approached things step by step rather than all at once. Overall cost the same at the end, but spread out in more manageable chunks!

As you look for another Bredesen provider, see if they are willing to have a quick "meet and greet" consult (30 min? One hour?) to determine compatibility before you've paid for the typically very expensive first appointment (often 2 hours at a hourly rate). It's certainly worth asking for.
Slacker
E4/E4
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

If you are looking for a local FM doctor, here is a link to their official site (copied from another post I just responded to):

May I suggest you search the Institute of Functional Medicine website - click "Find a Practitioner" and use the "Advanced Search Options". From there, enter your details/location and be sure to select the "Reverse Cognitive Decline" under the last section "Completed Coursework".

Here is the link - hope this helps!
https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy