Newbie member

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
missy
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie member

Post by missy »

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to this forum and I have to admit I've put off anything about AD as when I received my 23 & Me results, I'm homozygous 4/4, I went into denial. But with time, I have come around and have just finished Dr. Bredeson's book and he mentioned your forum. I'm so glad I have found out early, as I'm in my early 50's and want to do everything I can to prevent any development as well as perhaps help others. For the last 8 years I have had a particular interest in improving my general health, hence the genetic testing, but I also have a health science background and have been perhaps intuitively putting myself through various diets such as a ketogenic, paleo, low lectin, moving away from a vegetarian diet. My thing now is trying to transition to the ketoflex 12/3 and I've a particular interest in food for health and developing recipes for this transition. I'm almost certain most of my post will be food related, but I can't wait to wade through all the past posts and dig around for info. Thankyou!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Newbie member

Post by JML »

Welcome to the forum missy! It sounds like you are being very proactive now to prevent any cognitive decline. Your health science background should serve you well!

Food and what to eat are always a big part of life for ApoE4's. We are collecting recipes on this thread. You can find a compilation of the submitted recipes on our Recipe Wiki page. Maybe you will find a new recipe to inspire you. We would love to have you submit your favorite recipes too, and look forward to your food-related posts!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
missy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by missy »

Hi JML, thanks for such a warm welcome! It means alot to me having support. Where I live in Australia next to no one has a genetic report, so few know their APOE status, so having a group of like minded individuals in the same boat is really great.
Jena S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jena S »

Welcome, missy!

It sounds like you have already implemented an amazing plan to progress your journey. Here you will find a supportive group with wealth of information being discussed on our forums. I also encourage you to check out our Primer under the Welcome tab which was written by one of our founders who is a physician. This is a great place to start and try to organize all of the information! It can be overwhelming however I hope you find our site to be a great resource:) Welcome!!