New Support Team Intern

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

New Support Team Intern

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Everyone! My name is Julie Kenney and I am a new Support Team Intern. I am also a Functional Medicine Health Coach who works a lot with Alzheimer clients and their caregivers. I feel honored to be selected and hope that I can help in any way possible and I know at the same time I will learn a lot.

From my own personal CIRS illness (which can be tied into Alzheimers) I know what it is like to feel that you have no alternatives and not having the conventional medical community “hear” you.

After hearing Dr. Bredesen speak, I was inspired to get involved with Alzheimer’s and feel this is really one of the most important areas of healthcare right now. There is hardly anyone left who has not been touched by this disease.
This site is great because it encourages you not to fear the gene itself, but to learn and understand how to work with it.

Communities have a tremendous amount of collected wisdom and this one is exceptional. :D
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: New Support Team Intern

Post by TheresaB »

Welcome Chameleon (Julie). With your background/experience, I think you will be a valuable addition. I've been following the discussions on this website for a few years (lurking quite a while before getting the courage to post) and you're right, now that I understand, I do not fear my ApoE4/4 status. I hope you are successful in helping others deal with their fear.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4