4/4 and diabetes

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 4/4 and diabetes

Post by roxanne »

[quote="mike"]IMHO your A1c is fine at that level, since your IR is okay. Especially since you are doing low carb and your blood levels do not vary much during the day - meaning your glucose spikes are low and any damage caused by high glucose is less. In comparison, my fasting blood sugars prior to the fast were averaging around 230. With your exercise level, especially if you have been doing it during your 40s and 50s, you should be getting huge protection to the BBB from what I've been reading. Your blood pressure is great as well. It sounds like you do tests. You might consider getting a baseline MRI to see if you have had neuron loss. It could help relieve an anxiety you might have. I had one recently, and one about 5 years ago when I had the stroke. The Neurologist said there was no change between them, and that I had the brain of a 40 year old. Quite relieving to hear, since I feared much worse.

Thank you MIke: That's what I do all day, lol. I am an MRI Technologist. I did have 2 brain MRIs in the last 10 years and they were OK. My last one was around 4 years ago. Now, I'm chicken, especially since one of my brothers was diagnosed with AD, although after following the Bredesen Protocol is at the level of MCI but not getting better. Maybe one day I'll decide to do it, although I don't know what I would do differently.

I'm very happy that your MRI was like that of a 40 year old, I do not see many of them in people in their 60's. I'm assuming you are close to 60? In any case, happy dance for you, what you did paid off. Congratulations.....
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

Congrats on your fortitude! You obviously are great at finding information you need to keep trucking on. 4/4's are a small percentage of the population and have our own diversity within that percentage. We have to chart our own individual course paying attention to the numbers and body awareness(mentally and physically) It has been my experience that the good folks on this site have provided great research, individual transparency in their own experience and emotional support.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

roxanne wrote:Maybe one day I'll decide to do it, although I don't know what I would do differently.

I'm very happy that your MRI was like that of a 40 year old, I do not see many of them in people in their 60's. I'm assuming you are close to 60? In any case, happy dance for you, what you did paid off. Congratulations.....
If you have another done, with your life style, I bet it will be good. It would give you peace of mind. If not, that is also knowledge, and you use it to figure out what to do next. And yes, I turn 60 next month.

Thanks PBW.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

mike wrote:If you have another done, with your life style, I bet it will be good. It would give you peace of mind. If not, that is also knowledge, and you use it to figure out what to do next. And yes, I turn 60 next month.

Hi Mike: Yes, you are right, I'm seriously considering it. And as you say, it might be good. I will definitely let you know. Thanks. And happy birthday, in advance.

Roxanne