Greetings from a new-ish member!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings from a new-ish member!

Post by Emily C »

Hi,

My name is Emily and I am new to posting, but signed up as a user in July. My apologies for the delay in introducing myself! I discovered that I am a 4/4 from the data generated from the 23 and me test. I had the test done as part of understanding my overall health with my integrative medicine doctor, so it came as a surprise. My doctor recommended this site to learn more, which has been a real blessing. I am so grateful to all of you because already, I have learned so much from the postings of Q & A, tips, and the latest research. Thank you! Now that I have found my footing a bit (thanks in large part to this group!) I hope to contribute now and then to the already rich conversations going on here. Best wishes to everyone on their health journeys!

Emily
Lindy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Greetings from a new-ish member!

Post by Lindy »

Hi Emily! I lurked a bit before posting myself. I found that once you put yourself out there you become part of the community flow, which is a really nice feeling. Welcome aboard and don't hesitate to ask questions - almost always somebody has an answer. Best wishes to you also!
APOE-ε4/ε4 on the voyage of discovery.
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Hi Emily!

I just wanted to also welcome you to the site. I am also someone who likes to get the lay of the land before commenting or jumping in. Glad you feel comfortable enough to post now.

This site has so much helpful information - I am learning something new everyday.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Lindy and Chameleon!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

As someone who knows exactly where Pittsford NY is (and could still point out my 5th grade classroom at St. Louis), I’m glad to read your practioner review post about your doctor!
Rochester is also a site for the Generations study for APOE 3/4s and 4/4s, ages 60-75.
4/4 and still an optimist!
fxmedcoach
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fxmedcoach »

Emily, welcome!! Reaching out and introduce yourself can be a struggle, but you've been able to tap into your bravery and courage and have worked past it. Way to go! Great to hear that you've been able to navigate around the site a bit and learn already. Look forward to hearing your unique story and journey through your contributions to the forum. Let us know if you have any questions or are looking for information in a specific area/direction.
Deborrah Cisneros
RN, FMCHC, NBC-HC, CGP