Updated NMR LipoProfile results

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Updated NMR LipoProfile results

Post by Ski »

I actually fail to see how the majority of the posts in this topic are "off topic". They merely spawned off questions asked of James with regards to his diet that spawns other questions and suggestions. Most of the lab results postings do. If one were to start creating a bunch of separate topics every time someone had a question that as an example in this topic, didn't directly pertain to a lab result, then this forum would become a mess.

This is the heart of this board, discussion and dietary questions based on lab results and further subsequent questions is inevitable. Of course there will be the posts that may not be on point, but for the most part Id rather have that odd post then a complete separate topic simply to handle a different post or two.

Whilst I agree its important to try and stick to a topic, I certainly dont want to be moderating every topic that may sway slightly off center.
Hepoberman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hepoberman »

I would love for y'all to see how Jame's vegetarian diet has brought his LDL into a safe zone where heart disease (most diseases) is practically non existent. You don't grow plaque with bio markers like his.

Clearly, its the path us 4's should follow. He probably won't post an update because all the crazy fatheads ran him off. Unfortunately, the non-science lovin' nincompoops seemed to have silenced the guy who found our best solution...

Ski, you must be kidding about off the topic BS. If a person starts a conversation with anyone other than the op on the op's thread, its a hijack. (like I am doing here) In this thread even the mods are culprits. Do we want this site to grow? Do we want professionals and experts here? Do we want to be a legitimate source to help people? Then we need better moderating. Some of the threads here look like a chat room dialog with total disregard to the op.

At any rate, James with his vegetarian diet has lowered his total cholesterol down to nearly 100 with LDL-P around 700. We need to get our cholesterol that low if we want to avoid plaque progression. It looks like us ~4's are limited in our options on how to accomplish that. Our ancestral genes come from a time when you had to catch the animal with your hands and even if you did catch it, it didn't have any fat on it...

I would love to see how James feels and what his thoughts are going forward. I wonder if he has tested sex hormones, fructosamine, A1c, BUN, etc. I digress...I probably won't be here much longer.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Edit: gratuitous reflection deleted. Main point retained:
Hepoberman wrote:I digress...I probably won't be here much longer.
That would be a huge loss for us -- and, possibly, for you, if you can have patience with us, as we find our way.

GB
Hepoberman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hepoberman »

Gilgamesh wrote:Edit: gratuitous reflection deleted. Main point retained:
That would be a huge loss for us -- and, possibly, for you, if you can have patience with us, as we find our way.

GB
Chicken :P
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

So if the theory is I can only talk to James on James thread about what James wants to talk about will make us the number 1 resource on things about James and that will then make it where all the top AD researchers will come to talk is the theory now?
However only James can respond as the conversation is limited to only him and his response from on high hill.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Ski »

Hep - Why didnt you create a new topic inquiring about how to better organize content and reference that thread as an example? You revived a topic from 6 months ago asking to update it and then complained about the content. But you see, that would become pretty inconvenient to spawn off sub topics simply because it may not directly address the original post. I know for many people, its a pet peave when old topics get revived. But to each their own.

If you are personally interested in James, then PM him. I PM'd him in the past and got answers but to revive an old thread to complain about it, well that's your choice. Whats BS to you may not be BS to others and not everything needs to be scientific in discussion and I find most people ask or discuss items that they are genuinely interested in. Just because you are not interested in it, fine, then skip it.

But people ask questions in topics that spawn off questions in that same topic and a lot of people like that ability to discuss anything.

You dont get to decide whats BS and then make posts like this that are in violation of our forum rules. Is this how you make our community/site grow, as you say?
(All posts should be professional and courteous. You are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle members or the quality of this community ever.)
Hepoberman wrote:Clearly, its the path us 4's should follow. He probably won't post an update because all the crazy fatheads ran him off. Unfortunately, the non-science lovin' nincompoops seemed to have silenced the guy who found our best solution...
If you dont like the format here that's okay, this forum and site was fine before you arrived and will be just fine if you decide to leave.
Hepoberman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hepoberman »

Ski wrote:If you don't like the format here that's okay, this forum and site was fine before you arrived and will be just fine if you decide to leave.
Considering the fact that you are a founder, I feel that was an invitation to leave. This thread speaks for itself. Farewell.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hep, I echo G's sentiments and hope you'll chose to follow the forum guidelines and stay. I think you have a VERY important warning for us all- to mind ApoB/LDL-P regardless of the dietary path we chose to pursue.

We would be honored to see you achieve your goal of an LDL-P of 700, with no signs of IR. That's certainly an objective that many of us share and are striving towards.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Ski »

That came from this...
Your choice.