Howdy from Montana!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
MontanaMan
New User
New User

Howdy from Montana!

Post by MontanaMan »

Hey y'all - really happy to find this resource after getting my DNA test back (and cross-referencing on other tests) this week.

I have it, but I also have other things going on that make me glad that I found out so young (32).

I have fairly aggressive RA, a weak liver, a tendency towards high blood pressure, insomnia... with a couple dozen genes to back each of those long-struggled/too-long-until-discovered issues. I also learned I have genes common with aneurysms, weak blood vessels, and other brain-related stuff.

I've started reading through what's up on here and it's very helpful. I'm especially appreciative of the diligence in providing source material.

Just saying 'hi' and a big 'thank you' for now. This labor of love y'all have put together is pretty incredible.

- Cheers
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Howdy from Montana!

Post by Magda »

MontanaMan wrote:Hey y'all - really happy to find this resource after getting my DNA test back (and cross-referencing on other tests) this week.

I have it, but I also have other things going on that make me glad that I found out so young (32).

I have fairly aggressive RA, a weak liver, a tendency towards high blood pressure, insomnia... with a couple dozen genes to back each of those long-struggled/too-long-until-discovered issues. I also learned I have genes common with aneurysms, weak blood vessels, and other brain-related stuff.

I've started reading through what's up on here and it's very helpful. I'm especially appreciative of the diligence in providing source material.

Just saying 'hi' and a big 'thank you' for now. This labor of love y'all have put together is pretty incredible.

- Cheers

Welcome MontanaMen!

We are glad to have you here! I love your positive energy. It defiantly projects thru your words!
There are a lot of posts on troubles with sleep. Our Wiki page has an entire part dedicated just to that topic, this is how important it is, but It sounds you are aware of that:
Here is a short cut to the page:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Sleep
If you have not found it yet, I also would like to invite you to take a look at the Primer:
I am sure you will find it valuable:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

If you need some tips on how to navigate apoe4.info website below link will explain it all:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/%22How-To% ... fo_website

Please feel free to reach out to us, if you have questions or concerns, we are here to support, uplift, encourage and simply help one another.

My best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
fxmedcoach
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Howdy from Montana!

Post by fxmedcoach »

Welcome MountainMan! You will find a wealth of information on the forum and within the links Magda referenced. I see from your post you are currently dealing with some additional health challenges. Hopefully you have been able to find a Functional Medicine (FM) provider in your to work with to help you address and potentially reverse these. Despite having genes that "back up" these health challenges, there is so much that can be done to address our environment (diet, sleep, stress management, exercise, toxin exposure, etc) which can prevent many potential health challenges, improve our health, and even reverse many chronic diseases. Here's a couple of resources that I have for RA specifically. Maybe there will be something there you find helpful.

Here's a link to a study showing the Mediterranean diet and it's benefits for those with RA -- https://www.nutraingredients-asia.com/A ... pan-study#.

Dr. T (Adiel Tel-Oren) has some good information regarding RA as well -- http://www.ecopolitan.com/Rheumatoid-Arthritis.

Lastly Dr. Ben Lynch is a great resource when it comes to SNPs. He has a book and offers a course by the same name -- Dirty Genes that is worth checking out.
Deborrah Cisneros
RN, FMCHC, NBC-HC, CGP