New here? Some Best Practices

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New here? Some Best Practices

Post by Stavia »

Betty its fabulous to have you here. I am a GP doctor in a small country far-away and found that my medical training (British paradigm based) left me woefully unprepared for my 4/4 status and horrible family record of AD.
My practice is currently in disarray as my practice partner is acutely unwell and I am working 2 full time jobs (his and mine) and am left with a practice in a financial mess, but when it settles I would like to talk to you more.
Welcome!!!
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Stavia- wish i could help you out! Practicing medicine anywhere can be very stressful situation but yours sounds like a disaster. I hope you don't have to keep working that kind of schedule very long. As you know are APOE status confers proinflamation and potentially more stress on our body, that others who do have this SNP. Our health is one of the most important things we have. My hope for you is that you find a way to take care of yourself as best you can.. I will hold the light for you to find your path towards a better situation. Look forward to talking with you when things settle down.
It will be the right time,
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Bettylacy wrote:Julie ...can you tell me more about the training thru IFM for Dr Bredesen's protocol?
Betty;
Just in case you haven't gotten the IFM link for the training on Bredesen's protocol - here it is...
https://www.functionalmedicine.org/conf ... t907#major
Slacker
E4/E4
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Thanks Slacker
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Thanks Betty. Luckily I have agency and choices and am not disempowered at all. I'll be ok :)
Hard work alone I don't think is bad for us...
Talk later!
rcavner
New User
New User

Post by rcavner »

Hello, Just became a member of this fine group, found out yesterday that I am ApoE4, Looking forward to getting on with my life and strive to have the best Quality of Life I can by implementing all the knowledge and my support from my family and here.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Welcome, rcavner! Glad to hear that you will get support from your family, and you've come to the right place for fellow E4 support.

If you feel so moved, maybe share a little more by starting your own intro thread at viewforum.php?f=2.
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Hi rcavner and welcome to our site! Love your positive attitude.

There is much support to be had from this wonderful community...we're all in this together. When you have time, our site Primer is a great place to start learning more about ApoE4 and the changes you can begin making to manage your health along the way.

Looking forward to hearing more from you as dive in. Please feel free to ask questions and share more about yourself when you're comfortable.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Hello Rcavner,
Welcome. Your good attitude and eagerness to learn are very positive steps in this jorney. I'm always thankful that we can ask questions and get answers from our members so much faster than we could find on our own. I look forward to hearing more from you when you feel like sharing.
Starfish
Margelaine123
New User
New User

Post by Margelaine123 »

Hi, I have been eating tons of greens loaded with EVOO, mostly fish, some grass fed beef maybe once a month and no grains, no fruit, no milk products, basically a high fat/ very low carb diet for over about 18 months on the recommendation of Dr Gundry. My blood glucose tends is in the low normal range and my AIC is 5.0. My lipid blood results have been steadily trending lower which I am delighted to see. I was wondering if the Bulletproof Coffee is a safe practice for APOE4's. Dave Asprey hinted at APOE4's not being a good fit for the Bulletproof Coffee which is Grass fed butter or Ghee and his MCT oil along with mold free coffee. I though consuming good fat and being in ketosis was great for our brains??? Anyone have any info on Bulletproof diet and coffee???