Assisted Living Homeowner Interested in Dr. Bredesen

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
rrmolo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Assisted Living Homeowner Interested in Dr. Bredesen

Post by rrmolo »

I would suggest plants, pets and little people. How can you incorporate the outdoors, nature? Would you have pets? Would you have parties with young people? How can you encourage the families of residents to take part in the life of your care center? The young are so precious to those who are old, the pets are so life giving, the families are a necessity. And music! A necessity for every day! How can you introduce melodious melodies into the milieu?
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Do take care with pets. I am allergic to cats, as are many others. I have a friend allergic to dogs. Tough one.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

SusanJ wrote:Do take care with pets. I am allergic to cats, as are many others. I have a friend allergic to dogs. Tough one.
But also VERY helpful. Dogs seem to help more, and be less allergy causing. Maybe you could have dogs outside that non-allergic folks could visit with...?
Sonoma Mike
4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Love this thread!

There are at least a couple dog breeds that are supposed to be non-allergenic ... I think? Poodles and Labradoodles. Poodles come in different sizes which could be handy, and they’re very intelligent.

I was also thinking the dancing angle, even in a chair for those who might lose their balance.

Plant caution would be thatbthe soul can grow mold which could be a problem. Cactuses and succulents are fitting in your area, and tolerate the soil getting good and dry. Some other house plants are drought tolerant too. Keeping the air circulating well can help.

Ideally residents could be included in tasks associated with pet and plant care.

Thank you for your going the extra mile for these people. Very impressive given the complications inherent in your setting even without seeking to turn the tables.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.