New to Site - Healthy Daily Habits

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
chadbourne_chip
New User
New User

New to Site - Healthy Daily Habits

Post by chadbourne_chip »

Hello!

Im pleased to part of the APOE4 Community. I live in San Diego. Im a 43 year old male and 4/4, recently found out and found this site. Thank you to all the hosts and contributors. I look forward to learning more and more as we evolve over the years. Short story below on what works for me mostly in the physiological realm of things but some mental too.

I learn a lot from Peter Attia via his pod cast about physical health and disease. I learn a lot about meditation, consciousness, stress reduction, spirituality from Sam Harris. These 2 gentlemen lead me to more and more fascinating subjects and brilliant and inspiring people everyday. Education has changed with Youtube and Audio Casts, its better.

I quit drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes 2 years ago. Alcohol was like loosing a best friend, I relied on it too much for my perceived belief of "problems". Once these heavily marketed and in my opinion devastating but weirdly lied about and oddly accepted under specific restrictions by American Society were removed I could actually diet.

I started heavily researching Ketogenic diets and doing blood work avoiding diabetes and loosing weight.

Both of the above could not have been done without a profound realization through extreme suffering that a change was mandatory. I suffered an injury to 2 lower back discs L4 L5 and could not think of anything but the pain for months. If you haven't joined the sciatica club its hard to relate like many things that happen to people.

So the keto diet is powerful and has worked wonders for me. It has improved my energy, focus, reduced inflammation and dropped undesirable blood indicators. I enjoy the scientific approach that is required for the keto diet. You have to count, measure, test and tract progress to even obtain ketosis. https://www.ruled.me/ is a great site.

The ability for people to change is fascinating to me. There is a lot of self sabotage, ego, and past trama that makes change very hard. People cannot change on their own, we need each others support. In order to improve my motivation and heal my back, daily exercise was required. Weight lifting for the body, Cardio for the mind, if I obtain sustained 80% max hearth rate for 20 to 30 minutes. The benefits personally are amazing. I do both everyday because its easier that way, like brushing your teeth, its what we do.

Supplements - Vitamin C, E, D; Multi Vitamin, DHEA, MTHFR, Vit B Complex, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Krill Oil, Glucosamine

I am continually working on learning new things which I realize is a large part of Alzheimer's prevention. Im curious if there is a base line of mental challenges that could be developed to bring security of prevention as I age.

I look forward to learning, sharing, and helping through this community. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Chip