Drastic Improvement in 1 month LC eating

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stacysol
Contributor
Contributor

Drastic Improvement in 1 month LC eating

Post by Stacysol »

IMG_4583.JPG

Hello, Just wanted to extend a huge thanks to this forum and the continued effort that goes into spreading awareness and education.
When I discovered my ApoE3/4 status 4 years ago an internet search brought up very little information and my doctor surely had no suggestions as to how to proceed. It was overwhelming trying to find the right path. Fast forward and here we are with such wonderful information and a community willing to share their knowledge with one another. Thank you! I wanted to share my recent success with following a low carb diet... in just 4 weeks my inflammation reduced to within normal values, my lipids are heading in the right direction... LDL-P went from 2000's t0 1200's and ApoB dropped 24 mg/dl LDL-C dropped 50 mg/dl. I am still experiencing Dawn Phenomenon with my blood sugar but hopeful my liver will catch on soon. I was very concerned with my cardiac health since I also have suffered from hypertension since my late 20s. I share this information in hope of helping someone else who is feeling overwhelmed or discouraged. I was nearly convinced by my lipidologist that stains were going to be the only thing keeping me from a heart attack. I am so so glad I requested labs to compare the effect of a healthy low carb diet to show him- diet can work. Now that I gifted my entire family with their raw gene data (via 23and Me) I am feeling confident I can also share how they can help manage their ApoE4 status too. Feeling Hopeful for the first time in a long time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Drastic Improvement in 1 month LC eating

Post by floramaria »

Stacysol wrote:
........ I wanted to share my recent success with following a low carb diet... in just 4 weeks my inflammation reduced to within normal values, my lipids are heading in the right direction... LDL-P went from 2000's t0 1200's and ApoB dropped 24 mg/dl LDL-C dropped 50 mg/dl. I am still experiencing Dawn Phenomenon with my blood sugar but hopeful my liver will catch on soon. I was very concerned with my cardiac health since I also have suffered from hypertension since my late 20s. I share this information in hope of helping someone else who is feeling overwhelmed or discouraged. .......... Feeling Hopeful for the first time in a long time!
Hi Stacysol,

Congratulations on your success in just 4 weeks of following a low carb diet. What great news and excellent results. It is remarkable how quickly dietary changes can impact inflammation and lipids. Thanks so much for sharing this with the community where it will quite likely accomplish what you are hoping : "encouraging someone else who is feeling overwhelmed or discouraged."

Wishing you continued success. Please keep us updated.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Inspirational!
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Thank you for sharing your wonderful success.
Stacysol
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stacysol »

Thank you, met with my Lipidologist yesterday- guess what he didn't suggest!! no mention of statins :)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

How wonderful you could use diet and lifestyle instead! :D Keep up the great work.