New here and scared

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New here and scared

Postby Sara » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi Natasha, Quickly scanned through the responses above and may have missed it but you might want to try (if you are not already) introducing some type of meditation practice into your daily routine to help with stress management. I personally use HeartMath and meditate for about 20 minutes a day. The ReCODE program recommends the Neuro Agility recording which you would do 5 x per week, laying down, in the evenings for about 30 minutes with lights turned down. This program has the potential to help you sleep better! Good luck.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, FMCHC, MBA
IFM / Bredesen Trained - Reversing Cognitive Decline - ReCODE 2017
FMCA / Bredesen Trained - Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches, 2018

CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Postby CoachDD » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:57 am

I agree with Sara and others - take a big deep breath and really focus on self-care right now. Be thankful that you are now armed with so much information (and support!) and that you are able to take control and make this the best life possible.

We are very close in age and I also suffered miserably with brain fog and memory issues over the past couple of years. THIS is what sent my on my journey to find out what was going on - and ultimately to find out that I have one copy of the ApoE4 gene. I also thought I had early onset. I've since learned that I do not (there are specific genetic markers and you can test for that), so that was a huge relief.

I also have a clinical diagnosis of Lyme along with heavy metal toxicity AND Mold Illness. It completely threw a monkey wrench into my plans and affected every aspect of my life. It also led me to a career change - and quite frankly, gave me a new perspective on life.

I tell you all this to say - please be patient and kind to yourself. I KNOW this is scary, but I assure you that if you take the steps to improve your diet, make some lifestyle changes (meditation is good!) - and if you haven't already, incorporate movement into your everyday life....it WILL get better. And it's okay to take baby steps - do one new thing a week if that's all you can do.

I'd suggest looking up Dr. Kelly Brogan, a board certified, Harvard trained psychiatrist. She has a program that allows people to gently come off of prescriptions and offers ways to naturally support your body to keep anxiety at bay. Dr. Aviva Romm (OB/Gyn) website is another great resource.

PM me if you'd like - I'd be happy to share more if you are interested. Best of luck to you - you got this!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy

Natasha
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Natasha » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 am

Sorry I haven't responded. Thanks to those who responded to me and for your warm welcome and suggestions.

I guess I said too much about Lyme, etc... I'll edit that out.

slacker
Mod
Mod

Postby slacker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:48 am

Natasha wrote:Sorry I haven't responded. Thanks to those who responded to me and for your warm welcome and suggestions.

I guess I said too much about Lyme, etc... I'll edit that out.

We have members struggling with Lyme and co-infections, so it's completely appropriate to bring up this subject. No need for apology or editing.
Slacker
E4/E4

Return to “Our Stories”