New to Site and Seeking Guidance

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Anna
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New to Site and Seeking Guidance

Post by Anna »

Hi NatureLover.
NatureLover wrote:I recently learned about my e4/e4 status. I am still on the rollercoaster of some days believing my vision for my future is now vastly different, versus other days where I think I can potentially stave off the onset of Alzheimer's.
Yep, that's exactly how I felt two plus years ago when I learned my 4/4 status. Others in this forum promised me that it would get better, and they were right. I frantically researched and went into a frenzy, changing habits and adding supplements until I thought I would explode! It was all very traumatic. :(

If I were to add one thing to your list, it would be to go out and enjoy the nature that you love. Then, at your own pace, start tackling that list. I see the list itself as a work in progress. My prevention priorities change as I learn something new, either about my body or the research. I believe that everyone's list should be unique and that lab testing is key. I think the most valuable step I took was finding a functional medicine doctor who I could trust to disclose my status to and who has no problems ordering tests.
~Anna
4/4 but so much more
NatureLover
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New to Site and Seeking Guidance

Post by NatureLover »

Thank you for the encouraging words and reminder to take it one step at a time. I definitely need to work on finding a functional medicine doctor to get a baseline for my labs and tweak my food list from there.