So much information and I am confused

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
MelodieGraber
Contributor
Contributor

Re: So much information and I am confused

Post by MelodieGraber »

Julie, you are certainly a wealth of information and your responses are highly appreciated.

I have sent a message to both Dr. Bredesen and AHNP to ask about the coconut oil recommendation. And yes, mild ketosis is recommended for me. I have been testing both my BG and my ketones to see my response. My ketones are often low in the morning but usually between .7 and 1.2 in the afternoon. My BG is also higher in the morning, even when I am fasting - usually low 90's. Interestingly, it is often lower later in the day even though I have been eating. I know the elevated cortisol in the morning can impact these numbers but I have found it an interesting study. I haven't seen a lot of change in my fasting glucose since I started this program four months ago.
Bren1010
New User
New User

Post by Bren1010 »

I just joined this forum a few hours ago, and I too am very confused. I recently found that I am E3/E4 positive and I truly have no clue where to begin. I bought Dr. Bredersen's book but the supplement list is so overwhelming. Can anyone make a suggestion as to where to begin? Is seeing one of the practitioners who trained with Dr. Bredersen a good start?
Thank you for your understanding with a totally confused one, here.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Bren1010 wrote:I just joined this forum a few hours ago, and I too am very confused. I recently found that I am E3/E4 positive and I truly have no clue where to begin. I bought Dr. Bredersen's book but the supplement list is so overwhelming. Can anyone make a suggestion as to where to begin? Is seeing one of the practitioners who trained with Dr. Bredersen a good start?
Hi Bren1010,

Welcome to the forum!
You are not alone and it is ok to feel overwhelmed! It is a lot to process. You made a great first step, you found the forum and Dr. Bredesen's book!

I would like to point you to a great resource on our side the PRIMER. This part of the site is filled with great comprehensive information not only on science behind Apoe4 allele, but it also contains useful prevention strategies you can apply to your life right away.
As for practitioners, it is helpful to work with someone who understands complexity of prevention and reversal of cognitive decline.
Here is a useful link with tips how to look for a practitioner trained in Dr. Bredesen's protocol:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Searching_ ... actitioner

I think a good place to begin is to establish which area of your life and health in your opinion require an immediate attention. Is your diet clean? Do you eat processed food and a lot of sugar? Do you sleep well at night? Do you exercise on regular basic? What is the biggest source of stress in your life? Do you need to loose weight? etc. Above are just examples but as you know from the book they are all equally important and only you know which once are unique to you.
It is also important to start slowly, lets stay that you decide to begin to exercise more. Please do not go right away to a CrossFit class or one hour long spin class, rather add extra 30 minute walk to you normal routine or a bike ride, if you like to bike.
Baby steps will help you to stay motivated and engaged and in a long run will help you to achieve your big goals.

If at any point of your journey you get stuck or simply would like to share your achievements please do not hesitate to post.

Be well,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
CoachMT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachMT »

Bren1010 wrote:I just joined this forum a few hours ago, and I too am very confused. I recently found that I am E3/E4 positive and I truly have no clue where to begin. I bought Dr. Bredersen's book but the supplement list is so overwhelming. Can anyone make a suggestion as to where to begin? Is seeing one of the practitioners who trained with Dr. Bredersen a good start?
Hi Bren1010- Welcome to the ApoE4 community site and kudos to you for buying Dr. Bredesen’s End of Alzheimer’s book and becoming a member of this community! Though you feel overwhelmed right now, you are taking positive steps and can soon be on your way to increased prevention!

On this site, you’ll be able to share your experiences, post questions, and learn with and from fellow members along similar journeys.If you haven’t already, I invite you to check out the Our Stories thread to learn about fellow community members who are embarking on this journey alongside you and share your own story! And as Magda already shared, the primer is a great place to start learning about the extensive resources available to you on the ApoE4.info site. You may also be interested in checking out the thread on eating a healthy diet with heaps of micronutrients and the “Recipes from Members section to get ideas for meals.

So glad you are part of this community and please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions!
Best,
Mandy
-Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline (FMCA)
-Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
-National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)