Practitioners in France or Belgium

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
HDD
Contributor
Contributor

Practitioners in France or Belgium

Post by HDD »

Hello everyone'

I hope you guys doing well!
I'm in the start of this really challenging protocol for my dad who has been diagnosed with alzheimer at the stage where he doesn't always recognize us... his family
We don't have any practitioner where I live (north africa) not even all laboratory test are avable and trying so hard to find a solution i thought of taking my dad to france or Belgium
Any informations about : practionners / laboratory where to start the tests mentioned i' the book?
Thanks a lot
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Practitioners in France or Belgium

Post by NF52 »

HDD wrote:Hello everyone'

I'm in the start of this really challenging protocol for my dad who has been diagnosed with alzheimer at the stage where he doesn't always recognize us... his family
We don't have any practitioner where I live (north africa) not even all laboratory test are avable and trying so hard to find a solution i thought of taking my dad to france or Belgium
Any informations about : practionners / laboratory where to start the tests mentioned i' the book?
Thanks a lot
Welcome, HDD!

I am sorry to hear that your dad is dealing with some difficult challenges. It is especially hard for family members when their loved ones sometimes forget their names, or don't seem to recognize them. I want to first reassure you that just because your father does not "see" who you are sometimes, does not mean he has forgotten who you are. It can become difficult for people with some brain changes to recognize faces and even common objects because of subtle difficulty with matching what is in front of them with their memory of what someone looked like. (Sometimes young children will not "recognize" Daddy if he shaves his beard, or Mommy is she cuts her hair.) It may help to always announce yourself to your father using your name, as in "Hi Dad, it's your son Paul, how are you enjoying this great weather?" I know of a famous college professor and write who does not recognize his own administrative assistant if he sees her outside of the office, yet he knows her extremely well. She simply cues him with her name, or says "I'll be wearing my red coat in the restaurant".

We don't have any practitioners recommended by members on our site who work in North Africa, France or Belgium, but a search of the Institute for Functional Medicine of practitioners in Belgium shows this group: http://www.praktijkhuis.be/?page_id=683

Here is a link to our Wiki, with information about Dr. Karn "Raj" Gupta, who has offices in Boston, Massachusetts and in Lima Peru, but also offers telemedicine services to Europe, according to his website. He has completed training in the Bredesen Protocol and was recommended by one of our forum users, whose review can be find by link in the entry below. He does not speak French, but does speak English, Spanish and Hindi.

Dr. Karn "Raj" Gupta

Here is a link to a series of posts from people who have used Dr. Gupta with their parents who had a diagnosis of Alzheimer's:
Dr Karn Gupta, MD, MPH

A Google search of "Bredesen practitioners who speak French" came up with Cathryn Henstock-Zapf, MD who is in Canada but speaks "International French" (as opposed to French spoken in the province of Quebec) This link is from the Institute for Functional Medicine, which offers the course in "Reversing Cognitive Decline" with Dr. Bredesen and other health care faculty. Dr. Henstock-Zapf has completed that course.
https://www.ifm.org/practitioners/cathr ... -zapf-dr/]

The protocol is challenging, especially if your father has strong likes and dislikes for food, or difficulty with swallowing pills. You may want to use some of the suggestions from the Physician Stavia who lives in a country in which most people rely on family practitioners. She has written our PRIMER. She advocates using strategies that may be easier for your father, like exercise, good sleep habits, social engagement, and some key indicators like inflammation, insulin resistance, B-12.

Best wishes for help for you and your father.
4/4 and still an optimist!
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

HDD wrote: We don't have any practitioner where I live (north africa) not even all laboratory test are avable and trying so hard to find a solution i thought of taking my dad to france or Belgium
Hi HDD;

A medical doctor in Denmark has just joined us. They have not yet taken the Bredesen Protocol course, but have taken all the other IFM course work and may be a good resource for you. You can find their initial post here. If you want to send them a private message (PM), click on their username and you will their profile. You will see the PM option in the bottom left hand quadrant.
Slacker
E4/E4
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

HDD wrote: We don't have any practitioner where I live (north africa) not even all laboratory test are avable and trying so hard to find a solution i thought of taking my dad to france or Belgium
Hi HDD;

A medical doctor in Denmark has just joined us. They have not yet taken the Bredesen Protocol course, but have taken all the other IFM course work and may be a good resource for you. You can find their initial post here. If you want to send them a private message (PM), click on their username and you will their profile. You will see the PM option in the bottom left hand quadrant.
Slacker
E4/E4
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Thanks a lot
Hello HDD,
Welcome to apoe4.info!

I do not know any practitioners in France or Belgium, but I have worked as a health coach with a family from Italy and could point you to a laboratory in London, if that's an option for you.

Best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
HDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HDD »

Much love for you guys I am vso thankful i found this website
Last edited by HDD on Wed May 22, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HDD »

slacker wrote:
Hi HDD;

Hello first thanks for your response i think i will put it as an alternative and add it to the list around France and begium thanks a lot
HDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HDD »

NF52 wrote:

Thanks a lot
Welcome, HDD!

I am sorry to hear that your dad is dealing with some difficult challenges. It is especially hard for family members when their loved ones sometimes forget their names, or don't seem to recognize them. I want to first reassure you that just because your father does not "see" who you are sometimes, does not mean he has forgotten who you are. It can become difficult for people with some brain changes to recognize faces and even common objects because of subtle difficulty with matching what is in front of them with their memory of what someone looked like. (Sometimes young children will not "recognize" Daddy if he shaves his beard, or Mommy is she cuts her hair.) It may help to always announce yourself to your father using your name, as in "Hi Dad, it's your son Paul, how are you enjoying this great weather?" I know of a famous college professor and write who does not recognize his own administrative assistant if he sees her outside of the office, yet he knows her extremely well. She simply cues him with her name, or says "I'll be wearing my red coat in the restaurant".

We don't have any practitioners recommended by members on our site who work in North Africa, France or Belgium, but a search of the Institute for Functional Medicine of practitioners in Belgium shows this group: http://www.praktijkhuis.be/?page_id=683

Here is a link to our Wiki, with information about Dr. Karn "Raj" Gupta, who has offices in Boston, Massachusetts and in Lima Peru, but also offers telemedicine services to Europe, according to his website. He has completed training in the Bredesen Protocol and was recommended by one of our forum users, whose review can be find by link in the entry below. He does not speak French, but does speak English, Spanish and Hindi.

Dr. Karn "Raj" Gupta

Here is a link to a series of posts from people who have used Dr. Gupta with their parents who had a diagnosis of Alzheimer's:
Dr Karn Gupta, MD, MPH

A Google search of "Bredesen practitioners who speak French" came up with Cathryn Henstock-Zapf, MD who is in Canada but speaks "International French" (as opposed to French spoken in the province of Quebec) This link is from the Institute for Functional Medicine, which offers the course in "Reversing Cognitive Decline" with Dr. Bredesen and other health care faculty. Dr. Henstock-Zapf has completed that course.
https://www.ifm.org/practitioners/cathr ... -zapf-dr/]

The protocol is challenging, especially if your father has strong likes and dislikes for food, or difficulty with swallowing pills. You may want to use some of the suggestions from the Physician Stavia who lives in a country in which most people rely on family practitioners. She has written our PRIMER. She advocates using strategies that may be easier for your father, like exercise, good sleep habits, social engagement, and some key indicators like inflammation, insulin resistance, B-12.

Best wishes for help for you and your father.
Thanks you so much so nice from you to share with me all this informations that added hope to my project
I am going to start step by step i road the primer and i took note still it is kind hard to kbow the exact body balance needed in my dad's case without professional following him

I will either choose the telemedical option you suggested or the practitioner i just contacted a uk based maybe be it would be easier from France to go to take appointment to see the doctor adigo atabo but can't found yet topics here about here
HDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HDD »

Magda wrote:

Thanks a lot
Hello HDD,
Welcome to apoe4.info!

I do not know any practitioners in France or Belgium, but I have worked as a health coach with a family from Italy and could point you to a laboratory in London, if that's an option for you.

Best,
Magda

Thanks a lot for your help as i found a uk based doctor who is a practionner of bredesen's protocol. I also need the tests in uk Can we keep in touch ?
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

HDD wrote:
Hello first thanks for your response i think i will put it as an alternative and add it to the list around France and begium thanks a lot
Me again HDD! The Danish doctor username Csaebye HAS taken the Bredesen training course, per another of his posts. So he might be a good alternative if the UK, France, or Belgium options don't work out.
Slacker
E4/E4