Men with BPH and APOE4

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Men with BPH and APOE4

Post by Stavia »

Ps. You need to screen 1000 men for 10 years with prostate cancer screening to save at best one life - reduce mortality from 5 men in a cohort of 1000 men x10yrs to 4 men. Thats possibly one life saved per 10000 man/years. And a one hundred to a couple hundred men are made impotent and incontinent.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Important context, Stavia. Thank YOU!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

This is slightly (not entirely!) off-topic, but a new study finds that androgen deprivation therapy to treat prostate cancer is correlated with dementia. Read more here.
cflegal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cflegal »

My BPH has very significantly declined over the last 18 months. I attribute this primarily to the significant attention that I have paid to reducing all sources of inflammation. At the same time my arthritis has also significantly declined. As near as I can tell my cognition has not declined. I am taking 180mg/day of Theracurmin that was reported in a Japanese study in 2012 to have a significant impact on reducing osteoarthritis (inflammation). Dr. Gary Small (see post) suggested that the positive effects of Theracurmin on reducing amyloid and tau and improving memory might also be related to reductions in inflammation. Everyone on this website should be concentrating on reducing inflammation along with everything else.