New intern

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Melanie R.
Contributor
Contributor

New intern

Post by Melanie R. »

Hello there,

I am happy to be a part of this wonderfully supportive community and I look forward to interacting with some of you here.

I am a Functional Medicine Health Coach, with training in ReCODE for Coaches from the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. I am currently pursuing studies to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist in order to learn more about the power of food and the information that it gives our bodies.

Besides Pilates and riding horses, I enjoy spending time in the kitchen, creating recipes and nourishing my family with nutrient dense food.

Warmest regards,
Melanie
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (ReCODE)
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New intern

Post by thjj »

Welcome Melanie. Some day I want to learn how to ride a horse (not the trail-led ones!) :)
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none
Melanie R.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Melanie R. »

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I'm really happy to be here.
I rode horses when I was younger and came back to it at a later date (and age!). I used to wonder if I was crazy to be doing this at my age, but the benefits far outweigh the fears that can creep in. It's a pretty amazing feeling to be able to ride and work with horses. The connection felt is so unique. I could spend hours at the barn surrounded by nature and caring for the horses. It fills my tank. I say go for it! :D
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (ReCODE)
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

Yes I've always heard that "working" with horses is beneficial for the mind-body connection and healing. I was interested in doing this retreat:
https://hsperson.com/events/hsps-and-horses/
But I found out there's no no riding at all! So I'll try to find a horse-riding retreat elsewhere....
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none