exposure to black mould.

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
hairyfairy
Contributor
Contributor

exposure to black mould.

Post by hairyfairy »

Iv`e read quite a bit about black mould being responsible for AD. I used to have a terrible black mould problem in my bathroom for years, & this was only sorted out about 8 years ago when my flat was refurbished. What`s worrying me is that am I still at risk from the mould exposure, or does the risk go away as soon as the stuff is removed. I can`t help worrying that permanent damage may have been done that is yet to show up.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: exposure to black mould.

Post by TheresaB »

Mold in and of itself does not cause AD, but it is inflammatory, it is damaging, and it can cause serious brain fog.

I am fortunate that I am not one that is dealing with heavy mold exposure and toxicity, so this is not an area of expertise for me, but from my readings, I understand that the Impact of mycotoxins depend on:
1. Type and amount of mycotoxin exposure
2. Duration of exposure
3. Other toxins in the environment
4. Personal health profile
5. Diet. If mitochondria are weakened, they're more vulnerable and that can increase your susceptibility

For a better understanding, you may want to read the book "Head Strong" by Dave Asprey, he dealt with being overweight, heavy mold exposure, and traumatic brain injuries and "hacked" his way back to health and sharp thinking. He discusses this and provides strategies for others in that book.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4