If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. For details and solutions, see this topic.

Nocturia issues -- suggestions?

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
frankiesfriend
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Nocturia issues -- suggestions?

Postby frankiesfriend » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:09 pm

I was evaluated by a Urologist for nocturia, which was a source of frequent night time awakenings. I had made and brought to the appointment a pretty detailed record of what I drank, how much and when, and also how much and when I urinated - about a week's worth of data. Based on the amount voided, as well as the results of a bladder ultrasound which showed that the bladder capacity was reasonable, the urologist determined that I was not being awakened by the need to urinate. He did note that I drank to much fluid, and advised me to only drink when I was thirsty instead of what I thought was healthy. When I started taking melatonin, and my sleep maintenance improved, the nocturia improved immensely. I think that I just had trained myself that whenever I wake up, I should make a trip to the bathroom, and was hypersensitive to the sensation of minor bladder fullness. Now I usually only awaken in the night once, sometimes twice.
E3/E4, My mother was diagnosed with AD at age 73.

Return to “Our Stories”