musings on APOe4

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Inga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: musings on APOe4

Post by Inga »

Thankyou so much. I did manage to figure out the side, the download of raw data etc. And there it is now--the report has become free (which makes me wonder if they sell the info?). But I still don't know quite, what I'm reading means. But it IS looking less scary....Thanks so much. Inga
Inga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Inga »

Thanks so much. I did this just now. There was no cost. Don't know exactly what IT'S saying either. Laughing. ! Thanks so much for the suggestion. Perhaps you know how to interpret their report on AD. ? Thankyou, Inga
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Inga wrote:Thanks so much. I did this just now. There was no cost. Don't know exactly what IT'S saying either. Laughing. ! Thanks so much for the suggestion. Perhaps you know how to interpret their report on AD. ? Thankyou, Inga
Hi Inga, I can tell you what I know from my report, which might be relevant or not, since my Promethease report is from a couple of years ago. On mine, on the first page, there is a box at the top that identifies me as female.
Next box down on my report says gs141 in blue in upper left hand corner. This is the box where it identifies ApoE alleles.
If gs141 is not in the box under your genetic gender identification, and if you haven't found your ApoE status yet, then I'd suggest typing gs141 into the Search box in far right corner of your report . That should pull up the information; at least it does on my report. Hope this helps!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health