Update

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Update

Post by Fiver »

My mom passed quietly yesterday. She was 76. It was an odd situation, with her care facility in lock down. No one had seen her in weeks, except by phone. It was just the end stage of the disease, nothing unexpected at this point. But she got good care and was able to be transferred out in time that a few of us could be with her. All 6 feet apart, with masks, etc. Just wanted to remark that the care, medical, and hospice did an outstanding job under tough circumstances. I worry that they are about to face very tough times in the coming weeks.

I sometimes mentioned my mom on the boards, as a reason I got involved in AD and apoe4 issues. So I felt an update was in order.

I'm thinking of all the people who helped her and our family over the years this played out and all of you that have similar struggles.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Update

Post by NF52 »

Fiver wrote:My mom passed quietly yesterday. She was 76...

I'm thinking of all the people who helped her and our family over the years this played out and all of you that have similar struggles.
Fiver, I am so deeply sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Your strength and grace in noting the efforts of others and the shared experiences of many in this community in the midst of your own loss is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing that those charged with her care proved their concern by having her family by her side.
Please accept a virtual hug from me.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Thanks NF52 :)
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

A peaceful death is a blessing. My thoughts are with you and your family. Sending encouragement to you at this time of grief, especially during a world wide high stress time. Hopefully you are able to go outside and appreciate the spring plants and weather (this has been helpful for me).
Slacker
E4/E4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Fiver wrote:My mom passed quietly yesterday. She was 76.
Please accept my deep felt condolences. Loss is never easy and is even harder in these times. Sending hugs, warm thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

(((Fiver))) I'm sending virtual hugs, my friend. I'm glad that you were able to see her before she passed and hope that brought some comfort. You've been a warrior on her behalf although everything that you've learned was ultimately too late for your mom... but not for you. Bittersweet, but I know she'd want you to do all you can to protect yourself. I'm sending lots of love to you and your family as you grieve.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

If we think of the measure of a parent, not only by her own life, but by the lives of her children, well, then I’d say your mom was one special person. Hugs, my fellow traveler.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Fiver wrote:My mom passed quietly yesterday.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences. I'm so glad that you feel that she was able to have good care, and that you were able to be with her at the end. It sounds like a peaceful and loving passing. Take care of yourself and your family.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Sending virtual hugs to you! May the fond memories carry you through this most difficult time.
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
PRESCOTT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PRESCOTT »

Dear Fiver,
Please know that I too am thinking of you at such a sad time in such difficult times. Your narrative, the details, in light of the COVID 19, is difficult for me to take in. I admire your candidness. Thank God you were able to be with her at the end. My heart goes out to you, your devotion to your Mother is clear, not to mention ALL that you did, showing up, being so involved, open with all of this. Thank you for staying in touch with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk