Hello

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Jspence888
New User
New User

Hello

Post by Jspence888 »

Hi - my name is Julia and I was tested by 23& me and found out that I am APOE4 +. I am excited to be a part of this group and looking forward to learning a lot about APOE4 carriers.

I am a female- 62 years of age and am concerned about Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease,

Thank you!
summer0088
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello

Post by summer0088 »

Jspence888 wrote:
Hi Julia! Welcome!
We are very excited to have you here with us and I know you will find you are far from alone in your APOE4 status.

If you haven't already explored the forum, here are some areas that you may find helpful. The "How-to" guide in the wiki link is great and helps to get the most out of the Apoe4 website. You may also want to view the Primer, written by one of our physician members and is a great introduction. Also, feel free to introduce yourself to the community in the Our Stories section.

So happy to have you here!
Last edited by NF52 on Sat May 02, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Jspence888 wrote:Hi - my name is Julia and I was tested by 23& me and found out that I am APOE4 +. I am excited to be a part of this group and looking forward to learning a lot about APOE4 carriers...
Welcome, Julia, from someone who could be your genetic older sister!

I also found out my ApoE4 status from 23& me when I was 62, and in my case learned I had 2 copies. It can be a whirlwind of emotions for quite a while, so be kind to yourself if there are days when you're annoyed with all the people who assume they know what you should eat, do, or think about this. Your excitement about learning more and being part of this great community is a sign of your "cognitive reserve". One of the best tools to keeping a healthy brain is to use it in learning!

You'll find that we have almost as many views of some topics as we have members--and we like that! We are here to support and learn from each other, so feel free to jump into any topic with a question, idea or experience. If you have specific questions about Alzheimer's disease and dementia, you can also post those as a reply on this topic, or with a new title specific to your question. (One of my all-time favorite titles is "Can I Kill Myself with Spinach?" from one of our vegan friends. Slightly exaggerated question--but tons of useful answers!)

A warm spring hug from a 68-year old who feels like we're the ones who are going to "flatten the curve" of Alzheimer's statistics for ApoE 4.
4/4 and still an optimist!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

NF52 wrote: A warm spring hug from a 68-year old who feels like we're the ones who are going to "flatten the curve" of Alzheimer's statistics for ApoE 4.
Love it!! :D
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health