Hello

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
achilles_brain
New User
New User

Hello

Post by achilles_brain »

I haven't yet been tested for APOE4, but I just got a legible copy of my NeuroQuant last week and found this site due to the "What is considered atrophy" thread. The scan was ordered by a holistic nurse practitioner who has discussed possible mold exposure.

I am currently looking for a good neurologist.
AKA
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Hello

Post by AKA »

achilles_brain wrote:I haven't yet been tested for APOE4, but I just got a legible copy of my NeuroQuant last week and found this site due to the "What is considered atrophy" thread. The scan was ordered by a holistic nurse practitioner who has discussed possible mold exposure.

I am currently looking for a good neurologist.
Hello achilles_brain,

As one of the interns on the site I would like to welcome you to the Apoe4.info community! We are glad you are here. :D

I am not personally familiar with the NeuroQuant scan but it sounds like you are taking a very proactive approach and looking to build a strong supportive team. There is a section in the wiki pages of this site entitled, Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner. It may be helpful in your search for a neurologist.
I do see that you have posted in the Practitioner Review forum and so I'd like to direct you to a few other areas on the site that folks find helpful. First is the PRIMER, it is an introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies and was written by one of our physician members, Stavia. It is a hefty resource. Second is the How to get the most out of the site in the Wiki pages.

I hope some of this will be helpful and again, a very warm welcome!
Andrea