Newbie here, still letting it sink in

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Emeles
New User
New User

Newbie here, still letting it sink in

Post by Emeles »

Hi everyone, I recently discovered I’m a 3/4 from a 23andme test. I’m still digesting the information and since I’m fairly young (33 y/o), I’m trying to find as much information as I can to prevent this disease from actually taking shape.

Unfortunately, both set of my grandparents passed away pretty young due to war and other diseases so I don’t know my family history. I’ve noticed some problems with my mother and her memory in the last few years, but she is in her late 50s and still functioning.

Thankful to find this forum and resources such as Dr. Bredesen’s work.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newbie here, still letting it sink in

Post by CarrieS »

Emeles wrote:Hi everyone, I recently discovered I’m a 3/4 from a 23andme test. I’m still digesting the information and since I’m fairly young (33 y/o), I’m trying to find as much information as I can to prevent this disease from actually taking shape.

Unfortunately, both set of my grandparents passed away pretty young due to war and other diseases so I don’t know my family history. I’ve noticed some problems with my mother and her memory in the last few years, but she is in her late 50s and still functioning.

Thankful to find this forum and resources such as Dr. Bredesen’s work.
Hello Emeles and Welcome to the Community,
Good for you to be proactive and seek more knowledge about your genetics. Though you have youth on your side, it's never too early to learn as much as you can and make changes now for you and possibly your mother's future. This website is indeed a great resource to learn more about Alzheimers, the APO genes, current research and so much more. This is a great resource to get started with to help you understand how to navigate around the site, search topics, post replies and so much more. All of this information can be overwhelming so please don't hesitate to ask questions and comments.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
KendrahB
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newbie here, still letting it sink in

Post by KendrahB »

Emeles wrote:I’m trying to find as much information as I can to prevent this disease from actually taking shape....Thankful to find this forum and resources such as Dr. Bredesen’s work.
Hi Emeles!

So glad you are joining our community! I am one of the Support Team Interns, responsible for welcoming newcomers and answering basic questions. I can also help you navigate the site. Thanks for positing an introduction in “Our Stories”. It sounds like you have a great attitude regarding your genes, acknowledging that you can support your brain health and functioning. Forums can be a bit like a labyrinth of information, so consider using the search button as you look for topics of interest going forward. You can also visit our Wiki - Just Found Out You’re an E4 carrier for more information, and if you scroll back up to the top of that page, you’ll also see a large selection of other topics to jump to. The Wiki also helps teach you how to use the forum by quoting others and inserting hyperlinks here.

I hope this is helpful in getting you started, and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Welcome to the forum :D
Kendrah