Well here is my carnivore experiment

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Well here is my carnivore experiment

Post by Tincup »

thx1138 wrote:But does LPa change? I thought it was genetic my last test of lpa I was 14 extremely low? Does it Chang or is this mostly a fixed number?

If your Lp(a) is that low, then should not be a worry. Some with higher values have been able to lower them, but I don't think someone with a very low value needs to worry. My wife is in the always low category..
Tincup
E3,E4
thx1138
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thx1138 »

So do you think the oxidized ldl test is worth a look, a lot of people I am reading are saying that I have metabolic syndrome which will make even the small particle ldl be high like that, it’s $60 on life extension site I’m thinking of doing a TSH too and then all bases are covered except for calcium scan test thanks
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

thx1138 wrote:So do you think the oxidized ldl test is worth a look, a lot of people I am reading are saying that I have metabolic syndrome which will make even the small particle ldl be high like that, it’s $60 on life extension site I’m thinking of doing a TSH too and then all bases are covered except for calcium scan test thanks
All good ideas. Have you posted on a carnivore site with this info yet? They would have a better idea about, for example, your Tg's. Though I've fasted a lot, when I eat it isn't carnivore, though am good friends with some.
Tincup
E3,E4
thx1138
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thx1138 »

So still planning on scheduling CAC and and ldl oxidized test as was suggested I did want to follow-up that I did another inner age test and I do like the trends one was done in October and this one last week, very impressed with the inflammation trend on carnivore, I think the ac1 could improve if I dont occasionally binge on quest bars and stick to my schedule of OMAD or OMADEOD, but all the other markers have been optimized, I was scored a biological age of 61 at first and now 56 so I like where its heading but want those 2 other tests to look further, the question I guess is if my inflammation continues to trend down, CAC is only moderately increased and oxidized test (which I will post to group I dont know much about that one) if they all come back OK, do I really care about the LDL, Total nd LDL-P anymore
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thx1138
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thx1138 »

T and CRP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

thx1138 wrote:
Given what I know about COVID, I'd up your D level. Here is a blog by a UK doc on that topic. You are not in the basement, but some more is likely better.

Tincup
E3,E4
thx1138
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thx1138 »

Thought this was a interesting read,

ACE2 Probably Does Not Explain Why Older Males Have More Severe Disease

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/covid-19 ... re-disease
thx1138
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thx1138 »

Im always going back and forth on vitamin D supplementation, If we supplement Vitamin D we will show higher level of vitamin D but does that mean D is doing what its suppose to versus sun exposure etc. I off and on take 10,000 a day based on Gundry but I have also seen people talk saying vitamin D supplementation is a lie to the body because it skips the conversion step so yes you have higher level but its only because you are takinh exogenous D and since it skipped the process it does not create the benefits, versus sun exposure its fully natural and your body knows , but again Im not sure I live in New england and its not florida (although I am gald at the moment its NE) but ya I have heard good points on both, have thought about getting a sperti vitamin D lamp to use
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

thx1138 wrote:Im always going back and forth on vitamin D supplementation, If we supplement Vitamin D we will show higher level of vitamin D but does that mean D is doing what its suppose to versus sun exposure etc. I off and on take 10,000 a day based on Gundry but I have also seen people talk saying vitamin D supplementation is a lie to the body because it skips the conversion step so yes you have higher level but its only because you are takinh exogenous D and since it skipped the process it does not create the benefits, versus sun exposure its fully natural and your body knows , but again Im not sure I live in New england and its not florida (although I am gald at the moment its NE) but ya I have heard good points on both, have thought about getting a sperti vitamin D lamp to use
Outside is certainly best. I do both. Between an 25(OH)D of 96 and 10,000 iu's day (plus, more recently, high dose {>200 mg/day} of melatonin, I don't burn). I spent 5 hours in the middle of the day with shorts & no shirt at 7,500' rock climbing last Thursday, with no issue. I have Scots/Irish/Brit genetics and am genetically pale skin. I do try to spend time outside, but the D helps. What I've seen, while D from sun maybe best, D from a pill is OK, too. My dermatologist says I have great skin.
Tincup
E3,E4
thx1138
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thx1138 »

so my earlier numbers I provided for high cholesterol, and the ldl-p test was high but I show inflammation low 1.8 down to .7 besides the CAC scan the only other final piece is the oxidized ldl test you said gundry often runs life extension offers it but there are 2 tests available should I go for the panel or just the blood test?

panel: $119
This panel contains the following tests:

Oxidized LDL (OxLDL) - LDL cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterol) that has been modified by oxidation, triggering inflammation leading to the formation of plaque in the arteries.
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) - An enzyme released by white blood cells that measures your body’s response to damage in your artery walls.

test $60
Oxidized LDL (OxLDL) - LDL cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterol) that has been modified by oxidation, triggering inflammation leading to the formation of plaque in the arteries.

does gundry also do that MPO piece?

Thanks and does anyone know what is considered bad by gundry when I get results, I am familiar with this was less

Thanks