Hello and Help from Shanghai China!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
karinexu07
Contributor
Contributor

Hello and Help from Shanghai China!

Post by karinexu07 »

Hi every one,

Nice to join the big family here.
I am from Shanghai China.

My father who is 66 years old was diagnosed AD last year although his sympathy has been there for several years maybe. At first, we all thought it was just about aging or pressure. Until one day he himself is afraid of going out alone, forgets very recent things/ simple routines, becomes more and more speechless, shows not much interest in interacting with other persons, even that person is his beloved 3 years old granddaughter.

We are all in remorse and self-blaming for our negligence. Words cannot describe. And I believe most family members of an AD patient feel the same pain.

We took him to several hospitals here in Shanghai. Doctors usually would suggest him to take some medicine, but the medicine all seem not working well on him, and recently he is getting worse more quickly than ever.

Recently we read the book of <The End of Alzheimer’s> by Dr. Dale E. Bredesen. This book gives us much inspiration and hope which is quite different from what we have learnt from the doctors we know here, HOPE indeed!

We are writing to inquire how can my father join the reCODE?
Is there any institute or any doctor who is in favor of this logic/system here in Shanghai or China? Or any other city/country nearest to China?

Great gratitude in advance for your help.
And wish everyone and your family health and happiness.

Best regards,
K
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Hello and Help from Shanghai China!

Post by Tincup »

Welcome K!

There is a list of doctors, some of whom practice telemedicine or virtual consults. If you search this list using one of these terms at a time, you will see these doctors. That doesn't help you get the tests done, but maybe someone else will have a suggestion for that.
Tincup
E3,E4
karinexu07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karinexu07 »

Tincup wrote:Welcome K!

There is a list of doctors, some of whom practice telemedicine or virtual consults. If you search this list using one of these terms at a time, you will see these doctors. That doesn't help you get the tests done, but maybe someone else will have a suggestion for that.
Hi Tincup,

That's quite useful.
I'll check it out one by one.

Thanks a lot indeed!
AKA
Support Team
Support Team

Post by AKA »

karinexu07 wrote:Hi every one,

My father who is 66 years old was diagnosed AD last year although his sympathy has been there for several years maybe. At first, we all thought it was just about aging or pressure. Until one day he himself is afraid of going out alone, forgets very recent things/ simple routines, becomes more and more speechless, shows not much interest in interacting with other persons, even that person is his beloved 3 years old granddaughter.

We are all in remorse and self-blaming for our negligence. Words cannot describe. And I believe most family members of an AD patient feel the same pain.

We took him to several hospitals here in Shanghai. Doctors usually would suggest him to take some medicine, but the medicine all seem not working well on him, and recently he is getting worse more quickly than ever.

Recently we read the book of <The End of Alzheimer’s> by Dr. Dale E. Bredesen. This book gives us much inspiration and hope which is quite different from what we have learnt from the doctors we know here, HOPE indeed!

Is there any institute or any doctor who is in favor of this logic/system here in Shanghai or China? Or any other city/country nearest to China?

Best regards,
K
Hello K and welcome to the Apoe4 website!

I am sorry to hear about your father and all you are going through. It is incredibly difficult to see our loved ones suffer. I hope you are finding helpful information on the site and that you have been able to contact some of the doctors that are familiar with the ReCode protocol. I'd like to point out a few areas on the site that might be useful going forward.

"How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info
As a new user, you may find the "How-to" section of our Wiki useful in learning the ins and outs of navigating and communicating with others on the site.

Primer
The Primer was written by one of our member physcians and is an introduction to Apoe4, biochemistry, and some possible prevention strategies.

K, you may have already found the wiki page that goes through the Bredesen Protocol but if not, you can find it here. Finally, I'd like to mention Dr. Bredesen's new book will be out on August 18 this year. It is titled The End of Alzheimer's Program and may of interest to you.

Again, Welcome, K!
We are glad you are here!

Warmly,
Andrea
Apoe4 Intern
karinexu07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karinexu07 »

AKA wrote:
karinexu07 wrote:Hi every one,

Best regards,
K
Hello K and welcome to the Apoe4 website!

I am sorry to hear about your father and all you are going through. It is incredibly difficult to see our loved ones suffer. I hope you are finding helpful information on the site and that you have been able to contact some of the doctors that are familiar with the ReCode protocol. I'd like to point out a few areas on the site that might be useful going forward.

"How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info
As a new user, you may find the "How-to" section of our Wiki useful in learning the ins and outs of navigating and communicating with others on the site.

Primer
The Primer was written by one of our member physcians and is an introduction to Apoe4, biochemistry, and some possible prevention strategies.

K, you may have already found the wiki page that goes through the Bredesen Protocol but if not, you can find it here. Finally, I'd like to mention Dr. Bredesen's new book will be out on August 18 this year. It is titled The End of Alzheimer's Program and may of interest to you.

Again, Welcome, K!
We are glad you are here!

Warmly,
Andrea
Apoe4 Intern

Hi Andrea,

Thank you very very much for your warm greeting and nice suggestions of links.
And do I feel relieved somehow to join a big family with people really understand the situation I am in.

We have started some testing here in China. Collect the data and info first and consider have some consulting service outside China by some professional practitioners of reCODE we found here.

Thanks for your reminder and I would certainly buy Dr Bredeson's 2nd book to know better about AD and the program.

Grateful to receive your input.
Kind regards,
K