New Member - How do I confirm my status?

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
nkwrig01
New User
New User

New Member - How do I confirm my status?

Post by nkwrig01 »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and not super well versed in the genetic data side of things. I have my raw data from 23andMe but I'm uncertain of which SNPs to look at and then why polymorphisms confirm ApoE4 status?

I tried looking around the forum a bit before posting but didn't see anything obvious. It's likely that I just overlooked it.

Thanks!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: New Member - How do I confirm my status?

Post by Tincup »

Hi & welcome!

See here, here and here.
Tincup
E3,E4
RAJ64
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Member - How do I confirm my status?

Post by RAJ64 »

nkwrig01 wrote:Hello, I am new to the forum and not super well versed in the genetic data side of things. I have my raw data from 23andMe but I'm uncertain of which SNPs to look at and then why polymorphisms confirm ApoE4 status? I tried looking around the forum a bit before posting but didn't see anything obvious. It's likely that I just overlooked it. Thanks!
Welcome, nkwrig01! Glad to have you on board and asking questions! My name is Rachel and I am a support team intern here on the site. Tincup has given you some links to follow up with more information related to your question. Please keep asking for clarification if need be after you read a bit more at those links. :)

Let me take this opportunity to introduce you to some handy tools for navigating the site:

A forum can be a confusing place to find information on a specific topic. Using the Search function helps you find previous conversations or threads on topics that interest you. We encourage people to post to previous topics, even if they haven't been active for a while. It gets conversations going and often promotes new ways of looking at an issue. In addition, you can search for a specific thread topic by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar at the top of the page. You can read more about how to search here: How To Search the Site

Another handy tool is the Quote function. Quoting a member "tags" them in the conversation. It triggers an email to the forum member that you are quoting and gives that person a link to log on and open the ApoE4.info website right to your comment. You can read more about quoting in replies here: How To Use the Quote Function

The Primer is another great place to learn more about ApoE4 and how to reduce risk factors for late onset Alzheimer's Disease. Thankfully our genes are not our destiny as once was thought. There is so much we can do to turn off detrimental SNPs like ApoE4 by making better lifestyle choices. The Primer was written by a physician member who has two copies of ApoE4. Dr. Stavia wrote the Primer in terms a non-medical person can understand. You can continue to read more about ApoE4 here: Primer

We are all somewhere on the ApoE4 learning curve so please keep asking questions as you learn. If there is anything else I can do to help you navigate the site, please don't hesitate to ask. Again, welcome nkwrig01, we are so glad you are here!

Warmly,
Rachel
RAJ64, BSN, RN
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt