Max Tomllinson

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Maha
Contributor
Contributor

Max Tomllinson

Post by Maha »

I found Dr Max Tomlinson from London in the practitioners list. His profile says he is an Naturopathic Doctor, any experience with this specialization?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Max Tomllinson

Post by NF52 »

Jenny BC wrote:
birdie18 wrote:
Maha wrote:I found Dr Max Tomlinson from London in the practitioners list. His profile says he is an Naturopathic Doctor, any experience with this specialization?
Hi Maha,

I'm using our "quotation" icon in the upper right to copy Jenny BC and birdie18 in on your question. Both are trained as health coaches and currently serving our forum as interns to welcome people. More importantly, both are also trained naturopathic doctors (N.D.s) in the U.S. and can offer their perspectives on how a naturopathic doctor's practice might differ from a typical general practitioner (although in the UK this may be a little different.) Cheers!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Jenny B
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jenny B »

Maha wrote:I found Dr Max Tomlinson from London in the practitioners list. His profile says he is an Naturopathic Doctor, any experience with this specialization?
Hi Maha, nice to meet you. I'm Jenny BC here on the forum and am a recently minted functional medicine health coach and a naturopathic doctor as NF52 mentioned. I graduated in 2010 in the state of Illinois. Naturopathic docs can be licensed as PCP's in only 22 states in the U.S. currently and that saddens me because I think everyone should have the option to choose this evidence based, safe and effective medicine. The core tenets of our medicine are to treat each person as an individual and as a "whole being", meaning their mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health are all intertwined and dependent. We also consider ourselves more as educators than experts, we believe in working at the lowest rung of the intervention ladder as possible to get results so we spend a lot of time in lifestyle modifications and removing the obstacles to cure. Speaking of which, we seek to optimize the bodies innate ability to heal itself and come into balance (Vis Medicatrix Naturae). We see illness as dis-ease or systems out of balance and seek to create health rather than surpress the body's expression of illness. We seek to determine the root causes of such imbalances. It can be very empowering as a medicine and ultimately want our clients/patients to learn how to heal themselves and others. The modalities of healing can include the coaching piece plus nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, physicial medicine and more! If you have any other questions for me, I am happy to answer them! The more people know about naturopathic medicine across the world, the happier I am!

Warm regards,

Jenny BC
Jenny B, ND
FMCHC, NBC-HWC
ApoE4.info Sr Support Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Naturopathic Doctor
Maha
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Maha »

Wow thank you Jenny, indeed impressive and encouraging.
I look forward to working with Max
Maha
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Maha »

Worked with Dr Max for more than one year. An amazing person, very knowledgeable and caring especially during the pandemic. Would recommend him to any one looking for a trained professional.