help interpreting markers - Julie? George? anyone else?

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: help interpreting markers - Julie? George? anyone else?

Post by Stavia »

George, I'm stumped. But not suprised because there have to be many metabolic variants because of the millions of possible genetic combinations.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I figured you already had all of the bases covered, George. I hear your frustration. FWIW, I totally agree with wise Dr. Stavia- Glucose.Trumps.Lipids for us.

EDIT: I forgot to add, THANKS, Kit- for sharing your CIMT experience. I hope I'm as lucky. Your results are GREAT :D
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I wonder if CIMT might be even better considered alongside a myeloperoxidase score. In 1/2013 my M was 403, "intermediate risk", where that range is 400-549, so just over the edge from optimal. Boston Heart labs describes M:

"This is an enzyme made by white blood cells in the artery wall. Elevated levels of MPO indicate the presence of unstable plaque or buildup in the arterial wall and a high risk of having a near term cardiovascular event (within one to six months). In patients with high levels of MPO, careful evaluation of CVD risk should be considered by the healthcare professional."

I've not had another of these but plan to see if that was an aberration of some kind, or if I'm headed in the wrong direction. It certainly supports your recommendation to get the CIMT Juliegee, *but* that would only tell me plaque buildup in the carotid. That's valuable to know, but it seems the M score will also suggest if any is *unstable*. Talk about red flags! I guess any plaque buildup should be treated as if it's unstable, so maybe 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Circ,

In June of this year, my myeloperoxidase was 218 (<480 considered good on my CLS lab report). My Lp PLA2 was 213, just above the 200 considered OK. I've tried various things to move this and been unable to, yet. My HS CRP was 0.2.

Stavia,

One thing that has occurred to me is that maybe I've got some kind of a gut biome or permeability issue. I've always had a low level of allergies, but they've not been severe enough that I've paid a lot of attention to them. Some of the folks playing with gut biome (specifically resistive starch and soil based bacteria) have moved their lipid markers by doing so.

George
Tincup
E3,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

GeorgeN we are opposite. My Lp blah blah was normal and M just over normal.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.