Interested in stories about 4/4 folks

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
carrie
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Interested in stories about 4/4 folks

Postby carrie » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:32 pm

NFS_918 wrote:Hi Justin,
I'm 45 yo woman, do not "love" cheese (I'm just OK with it), and recently found that I'm e4/e4. I'm not sure if there is a common e4/e4 pattern, but I can tell you a bit about me. I'm a former college athlete (track, climbing, and basketball), always did great in school, have a Ph.D. in microbiology/virology from a top institution and have a great career. I have a very academic work and rely on my executive functions and memory to perform well. So far it is going well. I'm a just bit concerned, but not particularly scared about my e4 status. Three of my grandparents lived 95+, and only one of them developed dementia at 90+, which doesn't really count for me. So there is something else that protected them from developing the disease. My mom at 68 is currently finishing an MBA.

I should add that I'm following Dr. Bredesen's protocol partially. I do 14-16h of daily fasting, exercise, and eat mostly a Mediterranean diet. As supplements, I only take VitD and Omega3, for now. I do a yearly bloodwork to look at diabetes, hormonal, cholesterol, etc markers.

I hope this is useful. Do not worry too much- just watch your diet and keep your mind and body active. Scientists are working hard to find us a cure soon.

Best,
N.

Hi NFS_918 -

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is incredibly kind of you to provide encouragement as a fellow 4/4. Since this is your first post, I wanted to take a moment to give you a warm welcome to the ApoeE4.info community. As an intern on the site, I'd like to provide you with a few helpful links that may assist you with navigating the wealth of information.

The Primer was written by a physician member of the community. While the science isn't black and white, it provides a great jumping off point for researching.

Another very helpful section of the site is the How-to-Guide. It contains helpful tips on navigating the site. For example, one tip is using the quotes at the top right corner when posting. This will alert the other member via email of your post. It helps keep the conversation rolling.

Looking forward to seeing you around the community.

Take care,
Carrie

NFS_918
New User
New User

Re: Interested in stories about 4/4 folks

Postby NFS_918 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:03 am

Thank you, Carrie! This is very helpful information.
I'm glad to have found this site.

NFS

Return to “Our Stories”